support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Beginner Warbling low C - cured by putting mpc can in bell?

Not faith, practice. The faith comes from knowing you can do it because you've practised it a thousand times. I find it kind of funny these days to think about how uncool the road to becoming cool is. When I was young I used to envy the cool kids. Now I see someone do something cool and I think "You've been working on that for weeks, haven't you?" and smile to myself. One of the compensations of aging, I suppose.
Practice is one thing. But as one old master one said "Do. Or do not. There is no try." And for that you need faith. I found the same thing trying to learn tremolo on classical guitar. I could practice and practice but if I did not believe I could play it I just kept practicing. Actually high notes on sax are way easier than tremolo.

my teacher makes fun of me and says "if you want to be cool sax player you gotta keep those eyebrows in place when you attempt high notes" :w00t:

This reminds me of the joke: "How can you tell which player has the first part in a flute quartet?" "Which ever player moves his/her eyebrows the most".

How to conduct with both hands and your mouth busy.

Regular practice develops muscles. Continuous regular practice develops muscle memory. You don't know how you do it and can't understand why you couldn't always do it. Explaining how to do it, to someone who can't do it, when you don't know how you do it yourself, develops respect for teachers.

How to conduct with both hands and your mouth busy.

Regular practice develops muscles. Continuous regular practice develops muscle memory. You don't know how you do it and can't understand why you couldn't always do it. Explaining how to do it, to someone who can't do it, when you don't know how you do it yourself, develops respect for teachers.
Oh sure - being able to do it is one thing - being able to teach it is yet another.
I used to work as ski instructor - I was always a good skier but that is unconscious muscle memory.
To be able to break that into small elements, analyze it and teach it step by step is next level - and
guiding your students into that moment when it becomes automatic for them.