support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Saxendd

In my experience, the renowned GAS (an affliction that many of us confess to succumbing to at one point or another during our saxophone journey) is twinned with what might be termed "learning material acquisition syndrome".

After six years of neglect I have just unearthed two publications which I shall be incorporating into my own learning and playing development.

Andy Hampton: Saxophone Basics (Pupil's Book) and Ravenscroft: The Complete Saxophone Player Omnibus Edition

I acquired both of the above during those days when possession of a saxophone, much less being able to play a note, was but a brightly burning ambition. Now, as I thumb through the pages of both, my comprehension of what is written fills me with excitement at what is to come. Very instructive it is to take notice of the different approach that each author takes in equipping a newbie with the necessary know-how to start realising their dreams.

I am tempted to clumsily dub "learning material acquisition syndrome" as LeMas!, translated in some quarters as 'you more' ... and oh so easy to imagine one's unimpressed better half uttering with unrepressed exasperation as yet more saxophone related paraphernalia appears in the house.

Oh what fun awaits me ... meanwhile it's off to the privacy of my garden shed for a little peace and quiet from Spanish sounding expletives about me and air-blowing habits! :) brb

Last edited:
Well I would open up with a "hi, how you doing" but from past experience on here such a greeting will earn me 'pelters' from so many undiscerning folk (except my favourite moderator) that I'd have to beat a hasty retreat. So how have you all been?

Well for my part, as those who had grown accustomed to my particular brand of sax-induced insanity may remember, I can confirm that it was a really, really, really large garden shed, and I'd only made my way half way into it when I decided to back right back out and come see how my brothers and sisters in saxophoney have been getting along. All good with you all I hope.

I think I read a topic somewhere on here in which someone might have been hunting for ideas on a sax related topic for a thesis they will be writing. For the life of me I can't appear to locate that topic now but what sprang to mind was something I read earlier today about the alleged 'merits' (for want of better term/expression of my ignorance) of music tuned to 432Hz. I know from looking at my tuner that the default is 440Hz.

So, given that am insanely in love with the saxophone sound (and was intrigued by this possible myth) I immediately wondered if there was any such thing as a saxophone that is tuned to 432Hz. Lo and behold I I found the Borgani 432Hz Sax. Does anyone know of any reputable research regarding this 432Hz business and the saxophone?

Just wondered but I guess that it is so obscure a 'wonder' that it has worth a response; but as ever I do so enjoy talking to myself.

Keep on blowing and having fun whatever your level

Regards

@saxendd

Last edited:
Well hello @Jeanette. So you sent me a proverbial message in a bottle via this obscure 432Hz saxophone business and wallah here I up pop like a genie out of the bottle. Wonderful to say hi again and glad that all is well with you and yours. How is the Soprano?

I have been sidetracked on stuff. Picked @LadySax up a few weeks ago and she sounded like she had a strop on aimed at me! So I guess that neglecting her for so long was not a good idea.I have a few days free so I will try to worm my way back into her good books.

My passion remains undiminished. Updates to follow now that I am back here for who knows how long.

I have been sidetracked on stuff. Picked @LadySax up a few weeks ago and she sounded like she had a strop on aimed at me! So I guess that neglecting her for so long was not a good idea.I have a few days free so I will try to worm my way back into her good books.

My passion remains undiminished. Updates to follow now that I am back here for who knows how long.

I'm sure you will talk her round :)

Jx

Glad to see you back, and anticipating that you will resume enlivening the Cafe conversations. I'm sure @LadySax will forgive you if you diligently practice your scales :)

The 432 issue came up briefly a few months ago and someone referred to this site

I don't believe a word of it, but what do I know?

Hi @nigeld, it's great to chat again; and I will remember to trot out that scale chat-up line just in case @LadySax needs a little persuasion, and if I credit my tootler amigo from Cafesaxophone.com she might just relent. Pssssssttttt I tell you a secret; am certain she thought I was sulking in that there bottomless shed cos of being bereft of anyone to call a pal. Were she to read your kind words she'll have to give that ill-wish another think altogether ... and it would serve her right. Good ole' cafesaxophone.com a sax haven you can count on ... and you don't have to be a 'fugee

Hope you are well and thanks again for passing by and offering me the benefit of your experience on that 432 mularkey.

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom