support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Keyboards Piano learner

MandyH

Sax-Mad fiend!
Café Supporter
I can’t remember if I’ve ever mentioned that after I passed my grade 6 theory, I decided to take piano lessons.
My logic was that I might be better at music theory if I played piano, if I understood how chords and chord progressions SOUND, if I played a concert pitch instrument ...

I have been having piano lessons for 3 years now, at times it has been very slow and challenging, and 2 weeks ago I took my ABRSM grade 2 piano exam.

All my sax exams - grades 4, 6, 7 and (2x)8 and my diploma were all Trinity exams, so the ABRSM exam in itself was part of my learning curve.

Today, I received a text from my piano teacher: I scored 131/150 and got a distinction

:banana::clapping::cool:

Hi Mandyh

Congratulations on you distinction, you must be very proud.

My son started piano lessons 18 months ago from scratch and is hoping to sit his grade 5 next session. His teacher was very ambitious for him as he took to piano quite quickly.
He too found learning piano made understanding music theory made a lot more sense.
His favourite instrument at the moment is piano and will switch to learning jazz piano in the new year.

All the best

Nasima

3CC91EDE-7A72-4B56-90C5-EBE6A388E498.jpeg

1919E035-01A2-4CEC-AB2F-588B099E0F2B.jpeg