support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Nice to become a member of your great site, my name is carl

mmmmmm hi , as good as this sounds i have a 18month little girl, and believe me shes in the house alot more than me, ill dread driving up my drive for her to be standing at the door with sax in the hand beating up my dogs with it, i really want a stand but its just not the right time :0) she already pulled my very very expensive camera down off a window sill, my heart stopped as it came crashing to the floor, luckly is was ok

mmmmmm hi , as good as this sounds i have a 18month little girl, and believe me shes in the house alot more than me, ill dread driving up my drive for her to be standing at the door with sax in the hand beating up my dogs with it, i really want a stand but its just not the right time :0) she already pulled my very very expensive camera down off a window sill, my heart stopped as it came crashing to the floor, luckly is was ok

i always said leave it out but now i leave that in the bag BUT was just thinking, whats the story with hanging them on the wall, is there much difference?????

I have a baby on the way very soon and I'm thinking about a wall-mounted stand too.

I definitely fear young fingers knocking it off my floor-stand!!!!

So I figure if it's about 150cm off the ground it should be safe - they're just so damn expensive when you add the shipping to Oz. :shocked:

Definitely no stands when there are young kids in the house. Has she pulled a drawer out yet?

Squeaks are something we all go through. lots of causes. Lig, reed, reed position, leaks, embouchure, mouthpiece. Is it specific notes, or just anywhere? Is there a strength difference between the Ricos and the Vandorens? Where's the lig on the mouthpiece (should line up with the line)... Next time it squeaks, hold the squeak and see what happens when you pull your lips in from the sides.

Definitely no stands when there are young kids in the house. Has she pulled a drawer out yet?

Squeaks are something we all go through. lots of causes. Lig, reed, reed position, leaks, embouchure, mouthpiece. Is it specific notes, or just anywhere? Is there a strength difference between the Ricos and the Vandorens? Where's the lig on the mouthpiece (should line up with the line)... Next time it squeaks, hold the squeak and see what happens when you pull your lips in from the sides.

when im doing a scale coming up from d when i get to a and c it goes into normal a and c, but does seem to come and go which is frustraiting because im not doing anything different im feeling, im still doing practase every evening but come sunday ill blow the **** out of it and really see what the problem is, this week ive been just doing blow control at low breath following from music book, keeping the tone as even as possable, wednesday is my other day off and i gave it some beans then and was a very productive lesson, playing wonderfull world, because i know that tune off by heart, im going to go online and buy some vandoren reeds because i seem to play way better.
thanks for the help, i really appreciate it :0)

without playing, take a look at the octave key - and both octave pips. hold the octave key down, and finger the scale.

Watch the body and neck octave pip you should see a clear switch from body to neck octave and they should be stable/open properly. Do the same watching the keys that open. they should open cleanly/closewatch the ones closed by springs/other keys very closely. Do this moving the keys fast/slow, and as you do when you're playing. Could be a spring off/too weak, something bent/not quite adjusted right. Leak(s)....

Back
Top Bottom