support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

new BW curved soprano - not right?

Hi @kevgermany, I think it's sorted now - it was me being new that was more of the problem than the sax I think.

I now push on the mouthpiece so far you can barely see any cork left, I played it all afternoon/evening yesterday, being a trumpet or cornet, and there were no complaints from either the conductor or the first trumpet - who is both vociferous and has perfect pitch, so I think I'd have heard!

Pleased it's sorted out now Jay. You'll have some fun with your new curvy :)

"Colin the Anteater" ?

Rhys
wpid-article-1326991554784-0f86dd2400000578-328606_636x300.jpg

I now push on the mouthpiece so far you can barely see any cork left
I've owned 4 sops now and had to do this on all of them. I don't know why they don't make them a bit shorter.

• Agree
Reactions: Jay
I've owned 4 sops now and had to do this on all of them. I don't know why they don't make them a bit shorter.
Mine go on past the end of the cork, almost to the octave pip. Perhaps it's a geometry/physics link. On sopraninos the octave pip is in the mouthpiece.

Because the bore of the mouthpiece, left half empty, would mess up with the tuning.
I would prefer mouthpieces with a shorter shank (as Pillinger does on my pieces) but many player play at a much higher pitch, so it must be a compromise.

Hi @kevgermany, I think it's sorted now - it was me being new that was more of the problem than the sax I think.

I now push on the mouthpiece so far you can barely see any cork left, I played it all afternoon/evening yesterday, being a trumpet or cornet, and there were no complaints from either the conductor or the first trumpet - who is both vociferous and has perfect pitch, so I think I'd have heard!

Great to hear, it was the sticking keys I was worried about.

4087.jpg

I am sure that Kev was thinking of another type of saxophone... on soprillo the octave pip is incorporated in the mouthpiece but this never happens in any sopranino

4087.jpg

I am sure that Kev was thinking of another type of saxophone... on soprillo the octave pip is incorporated in the mouthpiece but this never happens in any sopranino
Aaaah, Milandro. So informative! What would I do without you?

You are too good to me Prof! I am sure that all the other members are providing this forum with equally interesting information.

You are too good to me Prof! I am sure that all the other members are providing this forum with equally interesting information.
Aah but Milandro......it is your style and delivery which is unique and axiomatic!

Back
Top Bottom