support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

My Trombone Chops Died and Left Me A Saxophone

Hahaha!
Yes I could have googled but didn't want to :) some of those jokes have been used for sax players too.. Especially the one where the wife works two jobs.

I am astounded by the turn this thread has taken, but I guess I really should have expected it, especially from a group of saxophone players. Recently, in a community band I play in on trombone, the entire sax section requested to be moved so they would no longer have to sit in front of the trombone section. Ha, we thought, "success!!" :hug:

Welcome to the cafe, and I hope you enjoy your transition to alt sax!

I have enormous respect for 'brass'' players. Though I understand the theory of lips vibrating and so on, the fact that they are able to produce tones without the help of of a reed or 'keys' still amazes me! The fact that you're an experienced musician should help the transition enormously!

Mike

Hey-I'm trying to get used to figuring out how to get the reed to vibrate--brass instincts do no good with that!!

Dare I ask why there are trombonist jokes ? Is there some archaic conflict that I should / need to be aware of? As a beginner saxophonist is there some funny handshake or knee trembler that I have to perform?

I am so sorry about the above post. I was going to paste something, and didn't realize the the Revenant image was already on the clipboard. I tried to figure out how to delete it, but could not figure out how. So, what I was going to say, in reply to Ann Enfield, was that, simply, trombone sections do have terrible reputations regarding behavior in bands and orchestras, and sometimes feel that we have to show that we actually have earned the reputation. As far as the batteries go, it is quite obvious that something is needed to get the reed to vibrate.

Dare I ask why there are trombonist jokes ? Is there some archaic conflict that I should / need to be aware of? As a beginner saxophonist is there some funny handshake or knee trembler that I have to perform?
I do so hope knee trembler has a different definition down south.

I am so sorry about the above post. I was going to paste something, and didn't realize the the Revenant image was already on the clipboard. I tried to figure out how to delete it, but could not figure out how.

Deleted :)

Jx

I am so sorry about the above post. I was going to paste something, and didn't realize the the Revenant image was already on the clipboard. I tried to figure out how to delete it, but could not figure out how. So, what I was going to say, in reply to Ann Enfield, was that, simply, trombone sections do have terrible reputations regarding behavior in bands and orchestras, and sometimes feel that we have to show that we actually have earned the reputation. As far as the batteries go, it is quite obvious that something is needed to get the reed to vibrate.

Thanks for the explanation.

Welcome indeed.
We are not a proud bunch and will welcome any musician (or otherwise...)
Some of us even have our own teeth (mine are kept safely in a jar at night)
So pull up a chair and blow your horn (don't mention knee-tremblers though...)
:)

Back
Top Bottom