Woland
Member
- Messages
- 95
- Location
- Austin, TX
Just started playing again (few weeks ago) after 30+ years away from instrument.
I have an old Amati ToneKing tenor - 70yrs old this year - serviced and re-padded recently.
I bought new mouthpiece - Yamaha 4C (old one was probably 50yo and I was getting
allergic reaction to it) and embouchure is slowly forming - range extending etc.
But things that is killing me is RH thumb - I can't seem to find the way to hold my sax
without huge pressure on thumb joint. Is that something normal that eventually goes
away when proper instrument holding is perfected?
I have an old Amati ToneKing tenor - 70yrs old this year - serviced and re-padded recently.
I bought new mouthpiece - Yamaha 4C (old one was probably 50yo and I was getting
allergic reaction to it) and embouchure is slowly forming - range extending etc.
But things that is killing me is RH thumb - I can't seem to find the way to hold my sax
without huge pressure on thumb joint. Is that something normal that eventually goes
away when proper instrument holding is perfected?
