support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

January 2014: Moonlight after the storm

https://app.box.com/s/49lpnuwah3rt32evwuf8
Here's my first effort on alto (I account for the dead sounding middle register to a dead reed I stupidly recorded with):
View: https://soundcloud.com/dubrosa22/moonlight-after-the-storm-alto

Great stuff coming! Thank you guys.
Saxplores, it sounds like you could not hear the backing track properly.
Dubrosa, of course I did not notice the stuffy mid register, but i know hoe it feels :). SML, I suppose.

Everyone shall be forgiven for the blue notes :).

I cannot but notice that some notable members (and mods) haven't done their homework yet.
Did the dog eat the mp3? (no animals were harmed in the making of this remark)

Last edited by a moderator:
Great stuff coming! Thank you guys.

I cannot but notice that some notable members (and mods) haven't done their homework yet.
Did the dog eat the mp3? (no animals were harmed in the making of this remark)

#Aldevis, post#61.

Chris..

I think that comment was aimed at me, do we have a hang head in shame emoticon.

I did intend having a go no matter how bad I sounded and was kind of hoping my tutor would help but it didn't come to pass and it all just seemed to much. Never having improvised before or recorded with a backing track.

Sorry

Jx

I know Aldevis, this tune is good to play over though. Anyway had some time this
afternoon and thought I would add this to the collection..

Moonlight After the Storm

Chris..

Last edited:
Both new versions are great. Thanks James for joining.

Jeanette, try to use your notes just as colours, without building a phrase. A bit like James's first part.
Long and meaningful notes.
ACDEG are good thorough the whole piece.

As an alternative, play the melody, than reshuffle its notes.

Nick - I really like the tone that you've been getting, and your playing fits the piece perfectly.

Chris - again, great tone and a really laid back version, this is my favourite of your takes so far (can't wait for version four :cool: )

Jim - if it sounds like this, keep on experimenting :mrcool This is a really cool approach to the track, love it. I think the slow, sparse sections fit better for me, I would never have thought of doing this (but I may have a go later on)

Thirded

Nick - I really like the tone that you've been getting, and your playing fits the piece perfectly.

Chris - again, great tone and a really laid back version, this is my favourite of your takes so far (can't wait for version four :cool: )

Jim - if it sounds like this, keep on experimenting :mrcool This is a really cool approach to the track, love it. I think the slow, sparse sections fit better for me, I would never have thought of doing this (but I may have a go later on)

Thirded

Actually Timbo I suppose I better come clean, but it was in retrospect I realised what possibly gave me the idea for that opening long note which started it. The Messian piece quartet to the end of time, has an F# played with Clarinet at the start of a movt. That goes on forever. I haven't heard or played the piece in 20 yrs. but it must be still lurking in their somewhere.
When I get the chance on the desktop later to have a listen to yours and all the other posts, takes ages on the ipad.

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom