support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

BW alto sax. Noisy lower stack keys

I fixed the problems on my BW alto. With helpful advice from Stephen Howard and his book I replaced the felts with proper felt from Dawkes. I gradually tweaked the springs a bit at a time and the action is now just how I want it. It' s a lot easier to play now and I'm happy with it. Tweaking was a great way to learn how the thing works as well. I learnt just where the springs are and that some keys have two. It's the old idea that an hour or two hands on is worth more than any amount of reading. It was a good idea to buy a secondhand one, I wouldn't have dared adjust a brand new one still under guarantee. Now where can I get my hands on an old tenor for about £50 that I can take all to pieces?

Now where can I get my hands on an old tenor for about £50 that I can take all to pieces?

The trouble at that price is that it's probably gonna be in terrible shape or a real dog and you may not learn that much. Why a tenor? You're more likely to find a cheap Alto in need for say a repad or at least a very thorough clean job.

Back
Top Bottom