support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Black Lacquer Peeling from my Tenor

freddysilk

I have a black lacquered tenor with a few minor scratches which I can live with but the back of the horn has quite a few spots where the lacquer has been worn off. Does anyone have a quick fix solution to cover up the faded parts?

I would do a overhaul/dark bronze plating but the horn is fairly new, the pads are in excellent condition, and it wouldn't make sense for an overhaul right now.

Although, I have considered getting new roo pads (black) to match the lacquer.

I have a black lacquered tenor with a few minor scratches which I can live with but the back of the horn has quite a few spots where the lacquer has been worn off. Does anyone have a quick fix solution to cover up the faded parts?

Black permanent marker pen.

Yu can also get marker pens from auto repair suppliers for fixing scratches on cars. Last just long enough to get good feedback on ebay before it wears off!

Black permanent marker pen

Black permanent marker pen.

Yu can also get marker pens from auto repair suppliers for fixing scratches on cars. Last just long enough to get good feedback on ebay before it wears off!

Thanks for the info, I should've known that considering I have used one on my truck some years back. I'm not sure if this is the case with my horn and the ebay thing, but since it's was an Intermediate Jupiter Tenor for only $400.00, I couldn't refuse it. (I guess the seller needed some quick cash and I was lucky enough to have it).

I don't regret getting it and even think I paid a "lot" less than what a new one would cost for only being a few years old. I just have to get that black paint pen and do some cosmetic surgery on it.

Thanks again Pete

Hi
Some years ago I had a black hifi amplier that had some comestic scratches and I was able to get a little tube of black touch up paint (complete with brush inside the tube) from the dealer. Hope this helps.

Regards

Bill

Back
Top Bottom