Photo contest

Any U.K. players taking bookings through gigrealm.com?

On the website is says minimum fee is £50. I cannot find how they make their money.
£50 is incredibly low, once anything at all is factored in. I can’t think what sort of gig/event would pay only £50.
Is that £50 to you or are they taking their cut from that?
If they are an agency of sorts they should be working with musicians and telling people with £50 to spend to buy a radio and find the on switch.

I've used them and they don't take any money or commission from performers. The money comes from venues who book acts 😊 Basically money just went direct to my bank 🙌🏻

I've used them and they don't take any money or commission from performers. The money comes from venues who book acts 😊 Basically money just went direct to my bank 🙌🏻
Welcome to the café, please do introduce yourself in the doorbell section of the forum.

Jx

Some types of gigs/venue are monopolised by one booker too, so the idea that an agency with good online visibility will automatically make any/all gigs available to you is not true.

The reason that they seemingly “take no money from you” is because it has been deducted before you even get a sniff of it.

Again, my biggest worry is that there seems to be no decent minimum fee.

We have a £50 minimum fee to help ban free gigs or pay to play. The reason for £50 is that there can sometimes be incredibly short sets or additional people like a sound engineer who needs paying via the service. Our venues typically pay £250-300 per gig and yes we make money from the venue who pays a subscription. We don’t believe in venue or artist paying commission and definitely not the artist who shouldn’t pay to get paid. We also work with partners including the Musicians’ Union Where to Find Work as a Musician in the music sector to support grassroots acts in finding gigs. Other partners such as Uber also then help us to provide free rides to and from gigs as well to help keep your costs down. Hope that helps 😊 - The team at GigRealm

In a world where the supply of gigging musicians grossly exceeds the demand for them, I question whether ANY "service" like this will do any good.

Pounding the pavement, keeping club managers' phones hot, delivering promo material, I think that's still the way to succeed in getting bookings and I think that's only going to intensify as the supply vs demand situation gets worse and worse every year. When every venue that pays for live music has desperate musicians hounding them day and night - great players willing to work for peanuts - why would they get involved with yet another "gig finding service"? You know, supermodels don't bother with online dating services.

But maybe they are doing a good job for some musicians as we see from one post here. @DeltaNeu you seem impressed - I see from your profile you are in a UK touring band, presumably as a saxophone player? Are you able to share who that band is and did the tour come about through Gigrealm?

Hi all, just back to answer a few things and thanks for the kind words @DeltaNeu :) There is absolutely room for people pounding the pavement and putting out material that helps get you in front of managers. But how often does that information just get put to the back of a pile with no call back? That wastes your time and resources. Many of the over 2,000 venues that currently use us have come to us for that exact reason. Managers are busy and cannot use their time sifting through all the info that comes through the door.

Our platform allows these venues to select based acts off of criteria they have set out before hand. Once they have a few in mind your artist profile then doubles as an electronic press kit so they can make an informed decision and either offer you the gig or not. You also don't have to accept the gig offer they have made, you can negotiate the price based on your needs directly with the venue through the site.

I'd like to reiterate that GigRealm charges artists nothing and takes no commission.. Read up a bit more about us here and who supports us around the music industry. We don't advertise via socials or any marketing campaigns to acts to keep numbers down. - The Team at GigRealm

[ADMIN edit: commercial links removed]

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all, just back to answer a few things and thanks for the kind words @DeltaNeu :) There is absolutely room for people pounding the pavement and putting out material that helps get you in front of managers. But how often does that information just get put to the back of a pile with no call back? That wastes your time and resources. Many of the over 2,000 venues that currently use us have come to us for that exact reason. Managers are busy and cannot use their time sifting through all the info that comes through the door.

Our platform allows these venues to select based acts off of criteria they have set out before hand. Once they have a few in mind your artist profile then doubles as an electronic press kit so they can make an informed decision and either offer you the gig or not. You also don't have to accept the gig offer they have made, you can negotiate the price based on your needs directly with the venue through the site.

I'd like to reiterate that GigRealm charges artists nothing and takes no commission.. Read up a bit more about us here and who supports us around the music industry. We don't advertise via socials or any marketing campaigns to acts to keep numbers down. - The Team at GigRealm

[ADMIN edit: commercial links removed]
Sorry for adding in the site link Admin! Feel free to check out our for artists section on the site :)