support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Recipes Air fryers

"Pommes frites" : 5 cm x 1 cm x 1 cm. Deep-fried twice. First time c 160 degrees, C second time 180 degrees C. Pommes Frites big brother is called "Pommes Pont-Neuf": 5 cm x 2,5 cm x 2,5 cm. Deep-fried twice. Sometimes tossed in "glace de viande" + parsley. Many, many variations of deep-fry potatoes.

Great for meats but chips taste better deep-fried or conventional oven baked. Grills are great too. E.g. Red Peppers seasoned with a little olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

I don't know so much about an air-fryer. So watched a YT clip and I was surprised that air-fryer potatoes "strips" took over 20 min the get ready.

To cook a piece of meat, let's say 0,5 kg beef to 52 degrees C, how long will that take? Is low temp on air-fryer available?

I don't know so much about an air-fryer. So watched a YT clip and I was surprised that air-fryer potatoes "strips" took over 20 min the get ready.

To cook a piece of meat, let's say 0,5 kg beef to 52 degrees C, how long will that take? Is low temp on air-fryer available?
Heat transfer from 450F oil is many times greater than heat transfer from 450F air, even with forced convection.

I don't know about your piece of beef (it depends on the thickness I guess) but I do chips in 18 minutes. sausages in 12 and bacon in 6 all at 220C if that helps.

Not particularly inclined to buy another gadget, just fried a couple of thick steaks 3 mins a side, Diane for me, no sauce for hubby.

We have a great local butcher, these melted in your mouth :)

With a nice glass of red of course!!

Jx

Not particularly inclined to buy another gadget,
We have a rule for the kitchen, one in one out.

In this case we got an air fryer and the plan was the toaster could go...until we discovered the Air fryer can't make proper toast of course.
But it fits in a corner cupboard so as not to add extra clutter to the counters. problem is that is the cupboard where we keep bottles of stuff we don't drink, ie 23 year old bottles of Kalua, Advocaat, Baileys etc. We even found a 1/4 bottle of orange cordial that had turned into alcohol. They all went down the sink and bottles to recycling. Binmen must have thought we'd had the strangest party ever.

• Cook chips/wedges at 200 for about 8 minutes
  • Add a thinnish steak on a tray above the chips
  • Cook for a further 3 - 6 minutes depending on how rare/raw you like your steak. The steak juices (blood and fat) drip onto the chips.
Yum

Last edited:
Hot air is useful.
A few decades ago I was going over a radar, sonar, stereo and autopilot install on a little 40' class boat.
Three young Doctors chipped in and bought it new and bare.
While talking, a 140' vessel was slowly moving down the Intercostal Waterway.
I waved to the Captain and he tooted the air horns in response.
The Docs asked if I knew the owner, and I replied, yes, but that's the Captain.
How does anyone afford a yacht like that, was their question.
The owner is a lawyer, was my reply.
What type of law does he practice, was their next question.
Medical malpractice, was my reply.
When they recovered from my joke, I said, the owner made his fortune buy bringing an old invention back on the market......
the hot air popcorn popper.
Fun days at the office.

Last edited: