PPT mouthpieces

Backing Tracks A collection of legal backing track sources

Hello all.

I'm just jumping onto this band wagon! (no pun intended )
What I would like are some MP3 backing tracks using real musicians, jazz standards mostly.

I'm using iReal Pro at the moment, which is great because you can adjust the temp, highlight sections to repeat, change chords, etc. But the rhythms are a little limited and the sound is a bit stale.

Any current suggestions? I see this thread is 2 years old now.
I have a few backing tracks from Jazzbacks.com. I think they are very good. Real musicians.

Band in a box is very good. Real tracks have real musicians. Tempo is infinitely adjustable. Different musicians available in different line ups. Move the band around on the stage. Input your own tracks from scratch or download from a vast data base and tweak them if needed.
I've been looking at that thismorning, looks good! But have some question.
I have sent them an email, but feel free to answer if you wish -
1. Is there a minimum spec laptop needed?
2. Can you record? (through microphone)
3. Can you save down to MP3?

If you play other music as well as jazz/swing era tunes, there is a marvellous source of backing tracks in Musescore.
This is free open-source software for writing music. If you subscribe for downloads, there are many arrangements where you can remove the melody, and play along.
I am at present using a piano accompaniment for baritone sax practice, playing Mozart's clarinet concerto, and Monti's Czardas.
Malcolm

I am reviving this thread because I have found a new treasure trove of Band in a Box MGU files containing songs in all different styles. BIAB Files For those not familiar with it this is a source with jazz and latin tunes @Colin the Bear called to my attention a while back that I use a lot. BIAB Jazz and Latin
For those who are not familiar with how these work, if you own BIAB you simply click on the song you want and it opens in BIAB with the changes already written in. It took about a minute to create this backing track. It is not mixed of course.

Last edited: