• For copyright reasons, please only upload your tracks to Wikiloops.

You can then embed the tracks here, there is no need to use the Wikiloops share code, just paste the URL into the message and an embed player will be created automatically.

support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Smooth & Fusion The Other Sax #3

Very nice @Wade Cornell - atmospheric and different.

Is it just a case of using your ears or are there any guides as to harmony etc ?

Rhys

Thanks Rhys. This is a fairly easy track that hopefully most could follow. The only time I look at charts or read is if someone is paying me to do so. Every track that will be posted I listened to at least half way though then go back and hit record. Wish I could say that the first take is always a keeper, it's not. I give most templates up to three goes. If I haven't got it right by then I let go. The site this comes from has thousands of great original templates, so there is no need to get stuck or stress. Some of the tracks that will be posted do have the chords notated. You would need to put the cursor on the colored sections below the histogram. That (on some tracks) will give you all the changes in that section, but not on a bar by bar basis.

I'd highly recommend more of a singing style rather than relying on written changes. If you can, sing a line that fits, then try to play that. If you're one with your instrument, then the sax IS your voice. Your excellent question is getting to the heart of this exercise: Will the mainstream style of playing changes work for every style of music? Hopefully you and others will find that a different approach may yield good results.

@Wade Cornell: I like the dreamy quality of this piece. It brought some of Jan Garbarek's recordings to mind.

If I didn't have the flu and wasn't moving to a new flat by the end of the month, I'd be tempted to have a go. I'll come back to it when I have the time.

I'd never heard of Wikiloops until now but the community looks really interesting. Thanks for sharing this!

Mike

@Wade Cornell: I like the dreamy quality of this piece. It brought some of Jan Garbarek's recordings to mind.

If I didn't have the flu and wasn't moving to a new flat by the end of the month, I'd be tempted to have a go. I'll come back to it when I have the time.

I'd never heard of Wikiloops until now but the community looks really interesting. Thanks for sharing this!

Mike

It will still be here, take your time. Have a wander around that site and check out the tracks you can have a play with. Huge variety. All original, although there are heaps of tracks that have very standard chord structure and patterns. Best of luck with the move...and get well!

Really lovely. I’ll make sure to try something to this, later.

More fine playing from you with your meshing with this mode especially well at around 2:15 and beyond. Beautiful soft ending. Some of the same composition comments, yet you let this one dictate more to you. I'm really looking forward to where you may end up after a few more of these tracks.

Back
Top Bottom