support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Clarinets the cheek of some people on eBay

C_Claudemonster

Formerly saxgirl22
Just thought I'd share this incase anyone else has had similar experiences! I have my Emperor clarinet on eBay. I had a question come through from a clarinet dealer asking if I was sure it was plastic and not wood, he's never heard of the Emperors being plastic, I said, Yes I can be 100% sure it is plastic/resin and not wood, it has serial numbers and is stamped with the Emperor logo, he then came back and said, sorry I think you are incorrect, I have never heard of a plastic Emperor, what you have is a regent with a wooden bell and barrel!! hahaha I was just thinking '***?' All of the clarinet is plastic, please don't insult my intelligence, I also stated 'thank you for your opinion but I don't think that's correct, the regents had nickel plated keywork and did not have a nail file C key' and then I put a lol at the end for him just for good measure.
I think I was fairly pleasant but slightly hacked off that somebody was insisting I didn't know what I had!!!

Just thought I'd share this incase anyone else has had similar experiences! I have my Emperor clarinet on eBay. I had a question come through from a clarinet dealer asking if I was sure it was plastic and not wood, he's never heard of the Emperors being plastic, I said, Yes I can be 100% sure it is plastic/resin and not wood, it has serial numbers and is stamped with the Emperor logo, he then came back and said, sorry I think you are incorrect, I have never heard of a plastic Emperor, what you have is a regent with a wooden bell and barrel!! hahaha I was just thinking '***?' All of the clarinet is plastic, please don't insult my intelligence, I also stated 'thank you for your opinion but I don't think that's correct, the regents had nickel plated keywork and did not have a nail file C key' and then I put a lol at the end for him just for good measure.
I think I was fairly pleasant but slightly hacked off that somebody was insisting I didn't know what I had!!!

I'd suggest he buys it off you to get a closer look

hahaha, this person was a bit of an idiot but I checked my clarinet because it really bugged me. It's stamped with the logo on the top joint and the s/n's match for both parts. He came back and apologised but I doubt he will purchase it now as I was quite shirty in my emails. But, I'm not desperate and probably don't want him to buy it anyway but if he does then his money is as good as the next persons. He also told me he's a clarinet dealer so there's a high chance he's going to make money from buying it off me if he does but that's the way it goes! It's obviously good enough to sell on at a higher price, but just not on eBay!

Back
Top Bottom