• Eligibility to post classifieds

The Yardsale is not intended for use by people joining the forum purely to sell an item, so members must have at least 40 posts to be eligible. However new members may post if they either:

• upgraded their account with an annual (not monthly) subscription. This is for access to sell without needing the 40 posts and the contribution after a successful sale still applies.
    • or pay the 5% contribution on the initial listing price up front (non refundable) then a listing will be allowed.

In either case please contact us if you are not yet able to posts

Photo contest

MPC/Lig FS SR Tech Europa Tenor Sax Mouthpiece

Price of Item
£160
Your Location
Hampshire, UK
Can ship anywhere
No
Shipping Included
Yes
Cafe Fundraising
5%
Allow chat /off topic
Yes
New price from sax.co.uk is £450

I don’t have the box as I thought I’d lost the mouthpiece, so threw out the box. The mouthpiece then turned up. At some point a ligature pinched the back of the mouthpiece as can be seen in the photos, and there is slight green dis-colourisation. The business end of this mouthpiece is good. The Rovner big/cap is included.

This is what sax.co.uk say:

A MOUTHPIECE THAT PROVIDES A WARM, VINTAGE SOUND BUT WITH LESS RESISTANCE THAN AN OTTO LINK

This ebonite model from SR Technologies of California should satisfy the needs of many tenor players. So often I hear comments like, ‘I’m looking for something with the sound of an Otto Link, but without the stuffiness and with a bit more projection’. Well, I think that the Europa model does exactly that. Why it’s called the Europa, I don’t know! Is there a particular sound that is thought of as European? Whatever the answer is, this mouthpiece provides a warm, vintage sound but with less resistance than a Link. It also feels like it has more clarity and ease of top note production. It has a very large, rounded chamber, which must be responsible for producing that vintage sound, and a medium-grade baffle, giving that added clarity. This is a must-try mouthpiece for those tenor players looking to maintain the warmth of tone but increase their projection. The Europa model comes equipped with a Rovner cap and ligature.

This is from the SR Tech site:

Technologies Tenor Europa Hard Rubber mouthpiece is fabricated from the finest German hard rubber and is a modern tenor classic. With a more slender exterior and profile, it is ideal for contemporary players who desire hard rubber, or may not have even previously considered it. The tip opening is .106 inches. We merged the baffle of our flagship Tenor Pro with the round chamber of our tenor Titan, to create an entirely new model, flexible for most styles of music, without the stuffiness or tubiness traditionally associated with hard rubber mouthpieces. The response, harmonics and flexibility are all unsurpassed! Supplied with a Rovner ligature and cap.

Tip is 0.106”

Price £160 - includes Rovner ligature and cap.

IMG_5800.JPG

IMG_5818.JPG

IMG_5796.JPG

IMG_5798.JPG

IMG_5794.JPG

IMG_5795.JPG

I agree to the rules
Yes
Back
Top Bottom