support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Soprano sax learning material

Sax4Jesus

Hey Guys, I just got a soprano Sax and I'm having a hard time finding learning material for it.
I'm looking for a hard copy of fingering and basic music. Any help would be really appreciated!

If you're after backing tracks, you'll need to look for books with CDs aimed at Tenor Sax, otherwise the pitch is wrong.
But as said above, all saxes have the same fingerings, so any sax tutor type book is good (with the CD provoso mentioned above)

Thank you, I found a fingering chart specifically to soprano on Amazon. for 4.99. I had the fingering down on Alto and you have to admit there is a bit of difference

As far as I know, there is no difference at all between soprano and alto fingering, except that some straight sopranos have a top G key.

Let me ask you this... if you guys (those of you who are experienced sax players) picked up a Lade soprano ( a cheaper soprano sax) would you be able to play any note? well? I know I just need to practice.

My soprano was cheaper than the Lade and broken when I bought it. Plays great...now...at last.

Modern woodwinds use the Bhoem system. The notes are written the same but sound differently. Apart from clarinet. I hate the clarinet. Stupid instrument. I don't know why play it. Ok ok I love it really. Just can't play it.

If you have only been playing alto up to now, and have just got a soprano, then I would not expect you to be able to play the high notes right away, and I would not expect you to be able to play in tune right away - sopranos are trickier than altos.

Modern woodwinds use the Bhoem system.
As I understand it, modern flutes use the Boehm system. Modern clarinets mostly (except in Germany) use something which is called the Boehm system, but should really be called the Klosé system. I think M Klosé called it the Boehm system as a marketing strategy after the success of the flutes. I haven't seen the name Boehm associated with any other instruments, as far as I can remember.

I thought they all used boehm. Is saxophone Boehm?
The point I was trying to make is that the finger systems are mostly the same and easily transferable from one instrument to another. Most of what you learn on recorder will adapt easily to sax, clarinet and flute etc.
Oddities like whistle and chanter are one offs. As is carrot clarinet and zaphoon.

Ditto for basic music - any sax music will do.
Also flute and oboe studies - which I think what Colin was saying. There have been some great study books for these instruments (that have been around a lot longer) and are very useable. Oboe written range is also Bb to F.