Photo contest

Reflections of a Human Spirit

Firstly Mike . I hope you are well. ? This piece is amazing, im not sure how every thing was sychronized, if it just yourself or other players, I think i need a few more hearings of this piece. But your playing is always captivating, and i dont care what name you give to the piece, its not what i hear. I hear just the music.
Jim

Firstly Mike . I hope you are well. ? This piece is amazing, im not sure how every thing was sychronized, if it just yourself or other players, I think i need a few more hearings of this piece. But your playing is always captivating, and i dont care what name you give to the piece, its not what i hear. I hear just the music.
Jim
Thanks Jim, yeah my neck has been better. The last few days especially.
I always write music lineally. I never write the middle or the ends out of sequence.
The chords/harmonies are all orchestrated and I do improvise sporadically within the piece.
It's all me in there and it's tedious to record for a second or two just to get intervals of the harmony stated. It's a process that I do find a lot of enjoyment in, actually. Working out various dissonances, some on paper, and most in my head as I hear them. To sequence them rhythmically, there is a lot of start and stop to get them right.

No, of course the name may not not have much relevance to the listener. The name, at least always in my case, is usually a personal reference in why the music exists at all. The title is a laconic summarization of the intervals presented.

This is the first I've heard you bringing together your "classical" compositions skills to the sax. As with all your work I like what I hear and find it completely unique to you. Also very glad to hear from you as I was getting worried after your last communication. Hopefully all has settled down and life is good.

Children's parties? OK your hired with all seven saxes in your mouth.

This is the first I've heard you bringing together your "classical" compositions skills to the sax. As with all your work I like what I hear and find it completely unique to you. Also very glad to hear from you as I was getting worried after your last communication. Hopefully all has settled down and life is good.

Children's parties? OK your hired with all seven saxes in your mouth.
Life has it's way of testing our strengths. My neck issue is naturally one of those tests.
I must keep a watchful eye out in possibly aggravating it. What appeals to me about working in composition, when using the saxophone, is that I don't have to keep the sax attached to me for long periods of time as in recording long improvisations, or practicing. Composition allows for me to momentarily put it down to work out things and then pick it back up to document. Better for my neck...Better for my inspiration...

Possibly the 7 saxophones in this composition has a subconscious link to the 7 chakras of the spine. I didn't intend to use 7 saxes. it just worked out that way. I'm glad it did for metaphysical reasons.

Thank you Wade!