support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Saxophones Old Alto Sax on eBay - what is it?

nigeld

Too many mouthpieces
Café Supporter
There is an "old" alto sax on eBay, with "World" engraved on the bell.
It has a micro tuner on the crook, and the g# cluster looks a bit like Conn, but the bell pads are on the right and the bell brace is unusual.
I'm curious about what it is - does anyone know?

Around WWII. Serial number would help a lot. As would more pics, especially of the back. Yes, Czech, maybe German, but I don't think so. Looks as if it's nickel plated, but hard to tell from photos. At this price, in that condition it's very good value. But don't let a tech file the tone holes!

I guess there's a fair chance that it will be A=435 rather than A=440.
One could presumably get the top notes higher by pushing the mouthpiece further onto the crook.
It is easy to lip up the low notes by 1%?

I guess there's a fair chance that it will be A=435 rather than A=440.
One could presumably get the top notes higher by pushing the mouthpiece further onto the crook.
It is easy to lip up the low notes by 1%?

I imagine it shall be in low pitch.

I must say it looks in pretty good condition. Are they any good?

It is a vintage Huller, it must be :)

By "low pitch", do you mean 435 or do you mean 440?

I guess someone brainy may be able to answer this better, I believe low pitch usually plays at concert pitch A440, I think the US use A442 whilst Germany tunes to A443, some use A441, you also have the early Baroque A415, is it not Italy that uses A435? it is all a bit confusing, someone else should be able to put me right as have probably got it all mixed up, just like those dots!