support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

My first sound clip on CafeSaxophone

Hello Hwan

Welcome to the Café, loved your playing.:)

Why not go and introduce yourself on the doorbell section of the forum, you'll be made very welcome.

Jx

Yerp. This sounds like it`s a Totally Pro Production and a nice upbeat tune . Have you more information on the recording Hwan:)

Some of us like knowing the geeky stuff such as effects and recording setup. LOL
Thanks!! Clivey!!
I appreciate your comment.

I use AKG SolidTube Mic, M-AUDIO fast track pro, and Cubase to record my sax.
Then, in cubase, I put reverb and delay.

As you said, Not everybody is going to like this genre, but what is important, is to play well within your own style of music. Which I think you did, and produced a top class track.
It may not be as demanding sax wise as playing the stds, and trying to emulate players like Dexter Gordon, but better just to do your thing. We have plenty of would be Dexter Gordon wanna be,s

As you said, Not everybody is going to like this genre, but what is important, is to play well within your own style of music. Which I think you did, and produced a top class track.
It may not be as demanding sax wise as playing the stds, and trying to emulate players like Dexter Gordon, but better just to do your thing. We have plenty of would be Dexter Gordon wanna be,s

Actually, I listen to standard jazz a lot
like Dexter Gordon, Charlie parker,
Phil Woods, and so on. and I love their
sounds.

However, since i started playing sax
and learning jazz, I have thought that
it's difficult to play the standard jazz tunes even though I love listening to
them.
I think my approach to the stds has been wrong!!

sounds.

them.

Play what you want when you want. Here you played in the exact way the tune needed which was great.

sounds.

them.

Well no harm in posting a std. And asking for comments. There are a few guys on here that are very good in that area. You could ask Individual players for a critique. Aldevis who is a Moderator is very knowledgable and helpful.( exceptional player) Saxman71 pops his head in now and again. Nick Wyver a teacher and experienced improviser. These names spring to mind. I'm sure they would make constructive comments that would help you a lot. There is the BOTM which is a monthly choice of a tune, that is run by Chris, and most of the time it is one of the songs from the American Song Book. Anyway nice to have you aboard.:)

Back
Top Bottom