support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Saxophones I m having a touch of GAS

jazzdoh

I am thinking of a new tenor.

Went to Allegro at Oxford yesterday after dropping the wife,daughter and granddaughter at Bicester Village Outlet centre.
Tried all the tenors he had got including a System 54,mark 7,King S20,and the best of the bunch an Antigua Ponzol Pro-one.

The Antigua Pro-one was superb,sounded great,looked great and i was tempted,very tempted but will continue to look and not rush.

The System 54 was the next best but i am going to try some others over the next few weeks.

I still have plenty of grovelling to do seeing that i told my wife after my last horn that i would buy no more,but there again GAS in an illness right,and i haven't been cured yet,well thats what i told her anyway LOL.;}

Brian

I keep reviewing what I can do to create money early so I can go increase my sax family too ....... wonder if it's the Christmas Spirit kicking in ...... least that's what I'm gonna tell family ........ or is the other kind of spirit ......... where did I put the Gin?

I keep reviewing what I can do to create money early so I can go increase my sax family too ....... wonder if it's the Christmas Spirit kicking in ...... least that's what I'm gonna tell family ........ or is the other kind of spirit ......... where did I put the Gin?

Are you saying a new sax would be a good tonic for your Gin?

I keep reviewing what I can do to create money early so I can go increase my sax family too.

Yeah i am like you always thinking of ways to create more money,don't fancy selling a kidney so i have run out of ideas,so it looks like one of my horns will have to go to help pay for this one,perhaps my Howarths Chiltern tenor.
Wheres that lottery win when you want it.

Please allow me to recommend the tenor I endorse. I am confident it will eventually be distributed in the UK, and I think is the best bargain around now (£1100 to £1500 range)....

http://www.aldevis.com/endorsements.html

What about soprano and alto Aldevis - are these available too? More info please

At the moment I'm salivating over BW Bronze ...... comparison, availability?

What about soprano and alto Aldevis - are these available too? More info please

At the moment I'm salivating over BW Bronze ...... comparison, availability?

I only had a very short go on their alto (lovely!): I was after a tenor when I visited them.
Their soprano is absolutely amazing. I will visit them next week, and maybe I will bring one here.
I consider the quality of my tenor at the same level of the big names, and I have been heavily mistreating it for a while, in several musical context. I am still deeply in love with it.

The only alternative available soprano I would consider is a Yanagisawa. No competition with anything else (new) I tried.

They don't have an online shop, but I am really working hard to have them distributed. Just be patient.

Since their production is very small, the haven't been focussing yet on the British market. Something from Germany and Slovenia:

Sequoiasaxophones - Sequoia Saxophones
http://www.vincero.si/en/saksofoni/modeli/

Last edited:
I consider the quality of my tenor at the same level of the big names, and I have been heavily mistreating it for a while, in several musical context. I am still deeply in love with it.

The only alternative available soprano I would consider is a Yanagisawa. No competition with anything else (new) I tried.

Ooooh sounds so very delicious!! And they look it too, having taken the chance to follow the links you posted. Love the idea of the Lemon option. Just a bit out of the £range for me at this point, so B&W Bronze it will be for now.

I am thinking of a new tenor.

Went to Allegro at Oxford yesterday after dropping the wife,daughter and granddaughter at Bicester Village Outlet centre.
Tried all the tenors he had got including a System 54,mark 7,King S20,and the best of the bunch an Antigua Ponzol Pro-one.

The Antigua Pro-one was superb,sounded great,looked great and i was tempted,very tempted but will continue to look and not rush.

The System 54 was the next best but i am going to try some others over the next few weeks.

I still have plenty of grovelling to do seeing that i told my wife after my last horn that i would buy no more,but there again GAS in an illness right,and i haven't been cured yet,well thats what i told her anyway LOL.;}

Brian

What was it about the System 54 and Antigua that you liked better than the S20 and mk7?

I have to admit that I'm not very knowledgeable about new horns.
Super

My GAS problem has been cured.
Made an offer for a B&S 2001 series tenor and it was accepted.
As it happened the owner was traveling through the midlands today so met up on the motorway services and i am the new proud owner of a fantastic horn.
The sax is in excellent condition,plays and sounds great.

So this bout of GAS is cured,never know when it will strike again.

Brian

Last edited by a moderator:
What was it about the System 54 and Antigua that you liked better than the S20 and mk7?

I have to admit that I'm not very knowledgeable about new horns.
Super

Both the System 54 and the Antigua played and sounded better to my ears than the S20 and the Mk7,don't get me wrong the last two were not bad horns but just weren't as good,both the S20 and the Mk7 had been well played,the S20 was the lacquered version and hadn't got any solid silver neck or bell.
But now as the previous post says i am the proud owner of a B&S 2001 series tenor and i couldn't be happier.

Brian

Last edited by a moderator:
Both the System 54 and the Antigua played and sounded better to my ears the S20 and the Mk7,don't get me wrong the last two were not bad horns but just weren't as good,both the S20 and the Mk7 had been well played,the S20 was the lacquered version and hadn't got any solid silver neck or bell.
But now as the previous post says i am the proud owner of a B&S 2001 series tenor and i couldn't be happier.

Brian

Well done on the B&S, I was watching that and wondered why it hadn't been snapped up at THAT price, if you got it even cheaper you got yourself a super bargain!
Enjopy and let us know how you like it!
Cheers,
M.