support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Hot water and ebonite mpc's

Moz

Never put really hot water on ebonite mouthpieces unless you like the colour green -- and a nasty, murky green at that.

That's it, just don't do it. I never have, not once, not at all, never have...except...just that little moment last week when I just may have put a little bit of hot water on my Yani mouthpiece. Not a lot you understand... just enough to turn the friggin' thing GREEN!!!

Mortified!

Martin

PS I'll get over it, makes no difference to the playing

PPS Post number 500, I am so sad

Never put really hot water on ebonite mouthpieces unless you like the colour green -- and a nasty, murky green at that.

That's it, just don't do it. I never have, not once, not at all, never have...except...just that little moment last week when I just may have put a little bit of hot water on my Yani mouthpiece. Not a lot you understand... just enough to turn the friggin' thing GREEN!!!

Mortified!

Martin

Yet another advantage of the PPT.

Pete and Pillinger should lead the Coalition.

*Pete, Can you wind my clock back a bit? If Moz is sad at 500, what does that make me?*

Mortified!

Martin

You could turn it in to a plus point, like "Custom" or "British Racing Mouthpice". or "Tarnished copper effect"... but I guess that's not really what you wanted..
:))) :)))

I wonder what would happen if you washed it in really hot water with some black dye. Or other funky colour, maybe - you could end up with a brunette or strawberry blonde mouthpiece...:shocked:;}

I may give it a go and report back.:w00t:

I like British Racing Mouthpiece, though.

Kind regards
Tom:cool:

I wonder what would happen if you washed it in really hot water with some black dye. Or other funky colour, maybe - you could end up with a brunette or strawberry blonde mouthpiece...:shocked:;}

I may give it a go and report back.:w00t:

I like British Racing Mouthpiece, though.

Kind regards
Tom:cool:

I wouldn't if I were you it also makes them smell awfull too,they neglected to tell me this when I bought my first one...john:(

Moz,

try this, get some olive oil and wipe it on your mouthpiece, wipe of the excess and put the mouthpiece in your freezer for about an hour. It should improve how it looks.

Griff
Excellent advice as ever and I might try it on an ebonite selmer I have thats gone a bit browny.
One does have to wonder where these ideas originally come from.....picturing someone dropping their mouthpiece into a bowl of olive oil by mistake and thinking hhhmmmm only 1 place to put this now.....the freezer.
But hey if it works its gotta be good.

Last edited by a moderator: