support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Hello to all

Now for some smiling, its an Arta Guban Luxor Solo, purchased cheaply unseen off ebay, pick it up on tuesday when i will find out if it was a good idea or not!! Also have a broken alto in the garage, cheap unbranded china horn with the low valve mechanism not working a gift from on of my old swimmers, will get the haynes sax manual and sort that one out. will post under another heading when i get the tenor.
Gday Steve
Hi from down under
Im 55 and blowin since march on a tenor too
So as sunray said spill man
Whats youre new horn besides bein tenor that is?:mrcool

Now for some smiling, its an Arta Guban Luxor Solo, purchased cheaply unseen off ebay, pick it up on tuesday when i will find out if it was a good idea or not!! Also have a broken alto in the garage, cheap unbranded china horn with the low valve mechanism not working a gift from on of my old swimmers, will get the haynes sax manual and sort that one out. will post under another heading when i get the tenor.

Hey Hey Steve ...

Thanks for the update, hope your new tenor is all good mate ...

Have you ever tried instrument repairs before?

I was wondering as I am total n00b in this area myself and I have thought about trying my hand at it, but lack a degree of confidence to start something I may be unable to finish.

I have my brothers Deareman Alto which could do with an overhaul. I have bought Stephen Howard's Saxophone Manual and have read it from cover to cover ... Great Work Mr Howard Sir *Salute* :thumb:

The Sax is generally very sound in all aspects but the worst bit for me is that problems may arise which may be out of my league to deal with, such as stuck or damaged rod [or pivot] screws etc. [some are very tight and a couple have slight damage to the screw slots already ...

It may prove that replacement parts are required to complete the repair properly and I don't have any idea how I could source anything that may just crop up ...

Also - How to make sure I order the right size and depth of new pads etc. that will be required ... I don't currently have the right tools for the job either, so I would have to rectify that first.

Anyway Steve ... As I said before - Welcome mate ... :)

Never a sax, made guitars, even a violin ages ago, played really badly but looked ok, i was only 15 at the time. repaired trumpets, only mine. made a post horn in copper. But never a sax! could be interesting and as only paid a small amount have little to loose, you never know it might play great, for some reason am not sure it will. Also made and repaired golf clubs for years still do but only old ones. To quote the club maker i training with as a boy, To put a loose head back on £10 to put a head back on that another shop has tried to fix £20, To put a head back on that you have tried to fix £40. If you have a good recommended repairer locally talk to them and see how they view diy reapers and what they would suggest you do, then if it goes wrong they will take the next stage on for you. Hope that helps.
Hey Hey Steve ...

Thanks for the update, hope your new tenor is all good mate ...

Have you ever tried instrument repairs before?

I was wondering as I am total n00b in this area myself and I have thought about trying my hand at it, but lack a degree of confidence to start something I may be unable to finish.

I have my brothers Deareman Alto which could do with an overhaul. I have bought Stephen Howard's Saxophone Manual and have read it from cover to cover ... Great Work Mr Howard Sir *Salute* :thumb:

The Sax is generally very sound in all aspects but the worst bit for me is that problems may arise which may be out of my league to deal with, such as stuck or damaged rod [or pivot] screws etc. [some are very tight and a couple have slight damage to the screw slots already ...

It may prove that replacement parts are required to complete the repair properly and I don't have any idea how I could source anything that may just crop up ...

Also - How to make sure I order the right size and depth of new pads etc. that will be required ... I don't currently have the right tools for the job either, so I would have to rectify that first.

Anyway Steve ... As I said before - Welcome mate ... :)

Hi There!

1. Click on thread about sax.
2. Run cursor over the http: text above, until changes colour.
3. Click on "Cut" in relevant top section (Edit on mine).
4. Find original thread and the post where you want to add a link.
5. Click "edit" on thread and then place cursor in post.
6. Click on the Edit section at top of screen and press "Paste".
7. Link will magically appear in text as below etc etc

http://cafesaxophone.com/showthread.php?6048-My-new-sax-Arta-Guban-Tenor&p=61335#post61335

I hope makes sense.
Tom.

thanks, tough decisions to make this week will pm you if the olds has to go, steve
Hi There!

1. Click on thread about sax.
2. Run cursor over the http: text above, until changes colour.
3. Click on "Cut" in relevant top section (Edit on mine).
4. Find original thread and the post where you want to add a link.
5. Click "edit" on thread and then place cursor in post.
6. Click on the Edit section at top of screen and press "Paste".
7. Link will magically appear in text as below etc etc

http://cafesaxophone.com/showthread.php?6048-My-new-sax-Arta-Guban-Tenor&p=61335#post61335

I hope makes sense.
Tom.

Back
Top Bottom