• Eligibility to post classifieds

The Yardsale is not intended for use by people joining the forum purely to sell an item, so members must have at least 40 posts to be eligible. However new members may post if they either:

• upgraded their account with an annual (not monthly) subscription. This is for access to sell without needing the 40 posts and the contribution after a successful sale still applies.
    • or pay the 5% contribution on the initial listing price up front (non refundable) then a listing will be allowed.

In either case please contact us if you are not yet able to posts

support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

SOLD Conn 10m up for swap with modern tenor.

Fraser Jarvis

As the title says, I've got a lovely old 1947 Conn 10 m that i'm willing to swap for either a modern tenor of some description or an old King super 20.
The sax is in excellent playing condition having had a recent overhaul, nice original lacquer with sharp engraving, strap ring moved to the same position as a Selmer, will come in an old but very good Berkerley hard case.

So come on folks, don't be shy, hit me with what you have there!

Will also donate to Pete's charity.....cheers...

How about a very nice Maxtone in gold and silver plate ? Made in the same factory as Mauriats and featuring lovely abalone key touches. It is in as new condition except where Griff has adjusted one of the palm keys for better comfort - he did a great job and it is almost invisible.

Pictures available if you are interested.

Rhys

PS Happy to donate from this end as well if a swap goes ahead.

How about my 1928 Conn soprano, the one you were asking about , plus a cash adjustment, for your 10M?
p.s. does your 10M have rolled tone holes?
-Andy-

Hey Fraser you got a monster horn there.Remember you have a horn alot of folks want so take your time and get the most you can.

Don't know if you got the pm Andy, but I would be interested in that, pm me with what cash adjustment you have in mind.
cheers.

Don't know if you got the pm Andy, but I would be interested in that, pm me with what cash adjustment you have in mind.
cheers.

cheers.

Fraser
I reckon my Soprano's worth between £500 & £600
My question is - What are you asking for the 10m tenor ?- and shouldn't you state your price in the marketplace forum ??
-Andy-

Fraser, Hi man. Having computer problems again, sorry. If you can give me a bell i can call right back. Cheers dude, Adrian

Fraser, thanks for the call mate. Although it was a Bari i was lookin for, i really would have liked this 10m. No worries. I hope you find what you are after, or indeed keep it as you said. I really dont want to begin a debate, but as Davey says you have a tremendous tenor. In my opinion a 10m has the definitive tenor sound. Good Luck. Adrian.:)

Gotta say, I am surprised this has not been snapped up!! Certainly got me thinkin about vintage horns again. Fraser was good enough to offer it to me if I could not find a decent bari, as a trade for my Barone. I dragged my heels, prevaricated; Live and Learn huh? Have a Good Day, Adrian:)

As a trade you should really give an estimate of the price you would accept in cash, plus you must state the amount or % that you will donate.
My original idea was to do a straight swap with someone for a more modern sax that appealed to me, then do some research as to the true market value of my sax, then donate 5% of that market value to your charity. The only one that really interested me was a copper Barone offered by member Toughtenor, first of all he pulled the plug on the deal, then got back in touch..we then arranged to meet up, this time I pulled the plug as I got the old Conn out just to see if it worked still really, and it just blew me away so much I've now decided to hang on to it....for the time being anyway!

this time I pulled the plug as I got the old Conn out just to see if it worked still really, and it just blew me away so much I've now decided to hang on to it....for the time being anyway!

Why am I not surprised?

Hi Fraser. It was good speaking to you mate. Sometimes these deals fall flat; it happens. The Barone stays with me. Sometimes it really is the better option to both work with, and be grateful for what you have. Good Luck. Adrian

Back
Top Bottom