All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

Christmas Rehearsal

MandyH

Sax-Mad fiend!
Subscriber
Today our 12-strong sax choir started on our Christmas repertoire :crying:

Although it was a thoroughly enjoyable 3-hour workshop, I felt a little sad that we haven't even made it to mid-summer before breaking out the Christmas stuff. :w00t:

But, starting in September, when we re-convene after the summer break will be a bit late to start on Christmas.

On 5th August, we play in the band-stand at the Mayor's Civic day celebrations. :welldone

http://www.singlereedsmalvern.org.uk/

aldevis

Surrealist Contributor.
Cafe Moderator
Christmas 2017, I hope. Otherwise it could be too late.

Tenor Viol

Full of frets in North Shropshire
Subscriber
I won't be starting any such choral material until after the autumn concerts - so last Monday of October for one and mid November for the other. Quite early enough thank you ;}

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
Mandy, that's far too early. How can you feel Christmassy so close to Easter? It's not even Whitsuntide yet.

jeremyjuicewah

I moved into this ghastly flat six months ago. If the apparent speed of passage of those six months is anything to go by, I would say you are in trouble and should have started around last boxing day, just before the turkey curry and bi-carb.

saxplorer

Years ago I lived next door to a trumpeter who would practice Easter hymns from Christmas to Easter, and then immediately start with Christmas carols for the rest of the year ...

Saxholder Pro

Staff online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom