support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Bari sound clip

Oh yeah, I'm looking forward to hearing you in a couple of months! That baby's gona sing!!!!! Can I have that backing track please Chris?

Hi All,
Yes a Bari is fun to play, but IHO the type of bands I play in (Blues/R&B), would not be suitable without a tenor/alto player as well.

John.

P.S. Sorry I was so carried away with my thought process that I didn't say that I love the sound of the Bari :welldone

Last edited by a moderator:
.... what are the first BIG challenges of moving up to Bari from Tenor (I'm thinking of getting a Bari).

Dave Mac

For me, the major challenges are all physical: the additional weight, closely followed by the wider mouthpiece and looser embouchure required. As well as needing a suitably sized vehicle to transport it!

But it is FUN!:):):)

Very nice Chris! Makes me want a Bari even more! The things that put me off is:

1. I don't have a car / forklift! :)))
2. I struggle with an Ebonite Tenor Mouthpiece (hence why I only play metal) so I think a Bari M'pce would be a real struggle for me!

The next Gerry Mulligan in the making! Looking forward to the next sound clip!

I'm with Nick on this, I play tenor and bari, and for the tunes that I play the bari, they sound great. Most of these are either blues numbers or folk/rock type thing.

THAT WAS ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS,WONDERFUL,MARVELOUS,STUPENDOUS,REMARKABLE,INCREDIBLE,UNBELIEVABLE,INCOMPARABLE,
ASTONISHING,GLORIOUS,oh and when do I get the invite to come round and give it a blow...john

Hi John I think you went a little OTT with the caps lock but hey, I get what you are saying.As for a jam session we'll work on it.Glad you like the bari.Once again thanks.

Cheers

Chris