All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Bari sound clip

Taz

Busking Oracle
Oh yeah, I'm looking forward to hearing you in a couple of months! That baby's gona sing!!!!! Can I have that backing track please Chris?

Dave Mac

Honest, I'm Trying
Subscriber
Whilst it's all still fresh in your mind .... what are the first BIG challenges of moving up to Bari from Tenor (I'm thinking of getting a Bari).

Dave Mac

johnboy

Hi All,
Yes a Bari is fun to play, but IHO the type of bands I play in (Blues/R&B), would not be suitable without a tenor/alto player as well.

John.

P.S. Sorry I was so carried away with my thought process that I didn't say that I love the sound of the Bari :welldone

Last edited by a moderator:

Pyrografix

Senile Member
.... what are the first BIG challenges of moving up to Bari from Tenor (I'm thinking of getting a Bari).

Dave Mac
For me, the major challenges are all physical: the additional weight, closely followed by the wider mouthpiece and looser embouchure required. As well as needing a suitably sized vehicle to transport it!

But it is FUN!:):):)

Two Voices

Very nice Chris! Makes me want a Bari even more! The things that put me off is:

1. I don't have a car / forklift! :)))
2. I struggle with an Ebonite Tenor Mouthpiece (hence why I only play metal) so I think a Bari M'pce would be a real struggle for me!

The next Gerry Mulligan in the making! Looking forward to the next sound clip!

Nick Wyver

noisy
Subscriber
Hi All,
Yes a Bari is fun to play, but IHO the type of bands I play in (Blues/R&B), would not be suitable without a tenor/alto player as well.
I beg to differ. I'm the only horn player in the blues/R&B band pictured left - and I only play bari in it. Works fine. :)

Taz

Busking Oracle
I'm with Nick on this, I play tenor and bari, and for the tunes that I play the bari, they sound great. Most of these are either blues numbers or folk/rock type thing.

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Subscriber
THAT WAS ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS,WONDERFUL,MARVELOUS,STUPENDOUS,REMARKABLE,INCREDIBLE,UNBELIEVABLE,INCOMPARABLE,
ASTONISHING,GLORIOUS,oh and when do I get the invite to come round and give it a blow...john

Chris

Well Known
Subscriber
Hi John I think you went a little OTT with the caps lock but hey, I get what you are saying.As for a jam session we'll work on it.Glad you like the bari.Once again thanks.

Cheers

Chris

jeremyjuicewah

morphine

Cool! Outstanding! Going to listen to some Cohen now to cheer me up. But yes, its something else.

johnboy

I beg to differ. I'm the only horn player in the blues/R&B band pictured left - and I only play bari in it. Works fine. :)
It's just a matter of taste. When I used to back Julie Driscol, the only time I used my bari (a Buescher) was when she sang "Hit the Road Jack".

John.

Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom