support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Accessories Are R&C cases good for protecting a soprano?

sdegraw

It says on the description of the R&C deluxe hard shell gig cases that they are wooden framed and I was wondering if this was a safe case for a soprano.

I think they have both the ones with a wooden frame and the types with semi rigid structure and canvas cover. I am sure you can ask to get your horn with either one of those

These cases are both good but the leather rigid ones scratch VERY easily the other ones are better for a student .

Im my experience the best general purpose case is a Protec.

They have a canvas exterior on top of a rigid wooden shell. They are full of pocket space ( which is normally difficult or impossible to find in rigid cases) they are not too heavy and they are very easy to carry on your shoulders if you wish to do so.

5850424_800.jpg

5850429_800.jpg

if you are sure of that you can’t go better than that. I have 3 for all my saxophones (these days I have a curved soprano)

I just bought a Protec baritone case with the accessory rucksack straps. I haven't tried falling down stairs with it on my back but it seems pretty solid and protective.

I use a Protec soprano case for my EWI. I don't have any kind of soprano to try in it, but I'd be astonished if it wasn't a good fit for a one-piece.

I just bought a Protec baritone case with the accessory rucksack straps. I haven't tried falling down stairs with it on my back but it seems pretty solid and protective.

I use a Protec soprano case for my EWI. I don't have any kind of soprano to try in it, but I'd be astonished if it wasn't a good fit for a one-piece.

Protec soprano cases are for both detachable neck and 1 piece sopranos. You just take out the little compartment at the end for it to fit. Great cases.

Remember R&C's don't have a traditional bore.

If you want to buy another case... check if it fits large bore saxophones.

Standard R&C cases are made by Ortola in Spain.
Deluxe cases are made in Italy by VGV/Marco Magi.

I prefer the standard cases because of more space.

Honestly I don't know... I don't remember if I made the test with a Protec case.

Just for figuring out... the body (bow included, end plug excluded) of R&C tenor is about 1" shorter than the body of Selmer/Yamaha/Yanagisawa based horn.

The bell is overall "fatter".

---------
I have another standard case (for tenor with "tradition bore"): the Rampone body fits tight, but it fits with no problems for the left hand palm keys.
But the neck doesn't fit in the slot (of the case).
The bad side is you can barely close the case (with the horn inside) because just the saxophone body (when in the case) occupies more space, in height.

Back
Top Bottom