support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Yamaha YTS32

Jamesmac

A Musical Offering from Myself
Via my YTS32 and JJ. :(

https://soundcloud.com/musicato/try-a-little-tenderness

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice, great tone and phrasing. :welldone

Pity you can hear it's a Yamaha though >:) ;} (lighting the blue touch paper and retiring to a safe distance...

So which JJ is it that takes such a soul-less bit of pipe work to sound like that?

Hi..Thanks for the listen and compliment, but i couldnt have done it without the Yamaha. I have a terrible voice.;}

Hey, the mouthpiece sounds comfortable and workable. The tone is well controlled, but could use some more core. I would really dig into some long overtones or preparation exercises to take your tone to the next level.

Very nice, great tone and phrasing. :welldone

Pity you can hear it's a Yamaha though >:) ;} (lighting the blue touch paper and retiring to a safe distance...

So which JJ is it that takes such a soul-less bit of pipe work to sound like that?

So what Soul horn do you play then ??? >:):)))

I had a quick look at the thread a while back, but got a bit put off by all the instructions. Seemed a bit heavy for my lowly level!

Actually, I think it's tailor made for yourself. You can play your blues scales on the Guitar with your eyes closed, so just to play one blues scale on tenor for a complete song would be a doddle for you.

musically sounding fine to me, i can hear the expression and the extra ornaments you are using, nice, and a nice mellow version of this tune.

Very tender playing Jim....between Chris and yourself I'm now in a mellow kind of mood.
I only listen for passion behind the individual who is playing. The other things I leave to those who teach.

Passion is the outlet of the soul.....Really nice playing Jim!

Thanks Ian and Sue.
The BT is a midi file i picked up from the net.
PS. I hope to improve on the sound quality of the Sax with a different mic i have on order. I havent been happy for a while with my present mic, and generally compensate with too much reverb. But thanks to some constructive comments from a great Sax player.
Thanks Ian:thumb:
PS.Thanks also Mike.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, the mouthpiece sounds comfortable and workable. The tone is well controlled, but could use some more core. I would really dig into some long overtones or preparation exercises to take your tone to the next level.

Thanks for your listen Ben. Not making any excuses but recent rec are not a true reflection of my sound. The mic I am using an AKG 1000 not a cheap mic, but is not able to get near the sax sound that I hear in the flesh. I have never heard of mics losing quality, but I have used this mic for other Clarinet rec in the past which were OK but now I am not happy testing it even with the Clarinet now. I have tried adjusting EQ settings but it just changes a signal that is not correct in the first place. It should be that rec enhance the sound, but at the moment I am finding the opposite. I have an EC320 mic on order, as I have heard good reviews. So I am hoping it will do the job

Testing the widget
Back
Top Bottom