support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Beginner Will a wireless mic help with recording?

eb424

Hi it's probably been asked loads of times..I play in a caravan what would be the best and easiest way of recording..i have a laptop in the house..I was thinking of getting a wireless mike will this help..Eddie

Recording for what? Self assessment? Sharing here? Producing a No.1 hit?

Lots of folks get good value from a field recorder (zoom, tascam); good mics, good encoding, lots of storage, portable etc. Or, of course, a mobile phone.

A good thread

Recording for what? Self assessment? Sharing here? Producing a No.1 hit?

Lots of folks get good value from a field recorder (zoom, tascam); good mics, good encoding, lots of storage, portable etc. Or, of course, a mobile phone.

A good thread
Yep all three..lol..which is the best dont know what encoding is..

Ok..i was just thinkung i could use it invrhe future for buaking. I can alys rent tge church hall for a couple of hours. Mainly for self assessment at this point..

Oh, and, as for getting a wireless mic to record to a laptop from a caravan. Don't do it.
I came here to say that- don't use a wireless set up for recording. they're designed for live performance not studio work.

A Zoom recorder- H2 or H4) is a very handy gadget and will plug into a laptop via a USB. They also give a really good sound when recording