Photo contest

What this forum is all about..........

ProfJames

Elementary member
Yesterday I had the pleasure of meeting @davidk at Beaconsfield services where he turned up to deliver a Trevor James "the Horn" sax to @Badger26 who had bought it from him.

David gave Bruce (Badger) far more than what he advertised. He provided Bruce with a Vandoren mpc, Hercules stand, padded sling, reeds and more. The sax is in superb condition. My pal Bruce was so pleased as it was his 50th on Friday.

In addition David drove an hour and a half to meet with Bruce and myself. What a gentleman. I am humbled by his actions. I should explain that I bought a sax from Bruce three years ago as my first sax. Bruce lives in Worcester and I had never met him previously. I discovered that Bruce works for Talking 2 Minds charity helping our troops with PTSD and other problems. A real gentleman. He has time for everyone and asked if I could help source a sax for him. Hence I looked at the Yard Sale.

Forget about the value of the sax but in addition it was set up by Stephen Howard as well. I cannot begin to tell you how humbled I am at the generosity of David. He wanted the sax to go to a good home. He drove around the M25 at his own expense. He gave far more than what he advertised. To top it all he spent time with me and even more with Bruce sharing his knowledge and wisdom.

To me that is what this forum brings to me. I am truly grateful to David for his selfless actions and generosity. Bruce phoned me to thank me!! The thanks go to @davidk

Only gained by being a member of this forum. It restores belief in humanity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yesterday I had the pleasure of meeting @davidk at Beaconsfield services where he turned up to deliver a Trevor James "the Horn" sax to @Badger26 who had bought it from him.

David gave Bruce (Badger) far more than what he advertised. He provided Bruce with a Vandoren mpc, Hercules stand, padded sling, reeds and more. The sax is in superb condition. My pal Bruce was so pleased as it was his 50th on Friday.

In addition David drove an hour and a half to meet with Bruce and myself. What a gentleman. I am humbled by his actions. I should explain that I bought a sax from Bruce three years ago as my first sax. Bruce lives in Worcester and I had never met him previously. I discovered that Bruce works for Talking 2 Minds charity helping our troops with PTSD and other problems. A real gentleman. He has time for everyone and asked if I could help source a sax for him. Hence I looked at the Yard Sale.

Forget about the value of the sax but in addition it was set up by Stephen Howard as well. I cannot begin to tell you how humbled I am at the generosity of David. He wanted the sax to go to a good home. He drove around the M25 at his own expense. He gave far more than what he advertised. To top it all he spent time with me and even more with Bruce sharing his knowledge and wisdom.

To me that is what this forum brings to me. I am truly grateful to David for his selfless actions and generosity. Bruce phoned me to thank me!! The thanks go to @davidk

Only gained by being a member of this forum. It restores belief in humanity.

Thanks for this @ProfJames it was an amazing day and it was great seeing you and meeting @davidk I left completely inspired, grateful, happy and feeling very humble all at the same time. You both gave up far more than your time so now it's down to me to get on and learn how to play this thing!! I will keep you posted......

I can only agree with @ProfJames over the past years I've been lucky to meet and become friends with a lot of members from The Cafe'
The regular meets we had at the MaSLM bungalow hosted by @gladsaxisme meeting great people in @Chris, @Colin the Bear @tenorviol and Dennis can't recall his forum name.
The two meets I've attended in Manchester & Cardiff have been informative and sociable too, meeting some lovely members.
The chance to play in a trio/quartet and it's getting bigger, soon have our own big band !
Last night at my daughters engagement party we had the pleasure of listening to @Colin the Bear perform 2 sets for us. He is a quality player and a quality singer, thoroughly enjoyed his playing and would recommend him highly for a gig.
All this has come about because of the fabulous Cafe'
Prof is right for a change ;)
image.jpeg
Colin the Bear

Aw shucks, thanks guys. I don't like having an instrument languishing when it could be making music. @Badger26 - happy to help you on your journey. You give so much to others, you deserve to receive something. Learning a new instrument is a fantastic journey. It will repay the work you put into it many times over.

Yes, a great forum and good to meet like-minded people. Thanks @ProfJames and @Badger26 for your stimulating company, @Jeanette and @aldevis for your organisation of this year's meets and of course to @Pete Thomas for hosting the whole thing.

Now it's beginning to sound like an acceptance speech. I'm just happy to be part of this fantastic community.

I can only agree with @ProfJames over the past years I've been lucky to meet and become friends with a lot of members from The Cafe'
The regular meets we had at the MaSLM bungalow hosted by @gladsaxisme meeting great people in @Chris, @Colin the Bear @tenorviol and Dennis can't recall his forum name.
The two meets I've attended in Manchester & Cardiff have been informative and sociable too, meeting some lovely members.
The chance to play in a trio/quartet and it's getting bigger, soon have our own big band !
Last night at my daughters engagement party we had the pleasure of listening to @Colin the Bear perform 2 sets for us. He is a quality player and a quality singer, thoroughly enjoyed his playing and would recommend him highly for a gig.
All this has come about because of the fabulous Cafe'
Prof is right for a change ;)
View attachment 6861
Colin the Bear
Wow look at Colin!
That's fabulous Trimmy :)