PPT mouthpieces

Saxophones These Two Maurice Boiste Silver Saxes For Sale On eBay

Jazz Is All

SAXOPHONE ALTO MAURICE BOISTE série ARTISTE Vintage alto saxophon | eBay

Vintage Saxophone Alto "Maurice Boiste" Série Artiste | eBay

I'm posting these just because French saxes have become such a current trend on this forum lately. I know basically nothing about them other than having googled a bit and read that they were made in France and are likely not a stencil of some larger maker. As to how good they are, or their balue I know less than zero but since I have a thing for bright polised silver I would probably buy the cleaner of the two....with that tree too....if I had the money and had not just bought a different one already. Up with that my wife would seriously not put, I am sure.

So in case any of you are dying to have another go at the roulette wheel, you can pay the money and take your chances. Whatever you do however, do not let them ship it via La Poste, get some other non-affiliated carrier to do it. That firm is totally sleazy as I am about to explain on my other thread. Read it and let the shipee beware.

Last edited:
I already have enough problems controlling my own inner demon without yours double-teaming me Dave. I'm going to start wearing a hose clamp around my thumb and anytime I get the evil thoughts coming in I'll crank it tighter till the pain makes me forget everything related to saxes. Kinda like AA and their medallions and coins. Ours of course has 12 Steps, but they're the notes of the scale so you can take them in any order you want. Just don't hit the brown note.

Screenshot 2020-12-09 at 11.10.42.jpg

Screenshot 2020-12-09 at 11.10.27.jpg

As per @saxyjt it's a Robert Martin stencil. I'll PM you the link...

Translated:

"For those who don’t know Robert MARTIN yet, he’s a famous French music publisher and wind instrument retailer, competing at the time with other retailers (like Paul Beuscher or RBM). So these signs did not make instruments. That's why manufacturers, like the famous Maurice BOISTE, supplied their own saxophones to these retailer brands. The baritone I offer was made by BOISTE in the 54's for R. Martin. Its serial number is 71 **. The main guard (Si and Sib grave) is identical to the one found on the “Boiste Artist” model. The two initials "RM" are placed just above Robert Martin just like the "MB" for Maurice Boiste. The serial number is visible under the stems of the key do and mi b serious, little finger right hand, above the cylinder head and body junction. The original case also signs a Boiste manufacture. But in 1957, the Maison Maurice Boiste disappeared from Robert Martin's list of suppliers. So this saxophone is rare because it was only made between 1954 and 1957. The test showed sound qualities and versatility that place it quite at the level of current Yamaha models for example. Offered in its original suitcase. Possibility to have other photos. Hand delivery preferably but possibility of shipping in Colissimo only. Negotiable price."

€1400

:)

By the way... I'm only up at 3am as my wife was snoring. You?
I don't usually go to bed until 3 or 4. Try as I might I can never force myself to do it earlier even though I know it is totally unnatural to get up at 2 in the afternoon. When my wife and son are having lunch I'm having breakfast. My cardiologist said that going against the natrual circadian rhythm is bad for one's health, but I have been a nigh owl all my life. I always worked shifts that started at around 3 or 4 both when I was a typographer in the Newspapers and when I waited tables. Then when I was a regular on the jam scene here I was always up half the night.

As to women snoring...mine does too. I poke her in the side and say something so she stops but later on she turns and starts again. So I wear wax earplugs and don't hear much of anything. She's just getting back at me because I used to wake her up with my snoring for years. Now she sleeps like a rock and the foo is on the other sh**. LOL

Plus, I can peruse eBay at my leisure for hours at night and not have to have her coming in and seeing it like happens during the day. When I hear footsteps in the hall I click another tab open. The devious things sax addicts have to do to stay safe.

View attachment 16404

View attachment 16405

As per @saxyjt it's a Robert Martin stencil. I'll PM you the link...

Translated:

"For those who don’t know Robert MARTIN yet, he’s a famous French music publisher and wind instrument retailer, competing at the time with other retailers (like Paul Beuscher or RBM). So these signs did not make instruments. That's why manufacturers, like the famous Maurice BOISTE, supplied their own saxophones to these retailer brands. The baritone I offer was made by BOISTE in the 54's for R. Martin. Its serial number is 71 **. The main guard (Si and Sib grave) is identical to the one found on the “Boiste Artist” model. The two initials "RM" are placed just above Robert Martin just like the "MB" for Maurice Boiste. The serial number is visible under the stems of the key do and mi b serious, little finger right hand, above the cylinder head and body junction. The original case also signs a Boiste manufacture. But in 1957, the Maison Maurice Boiste disappeared from Robert Martin's list of suppliers. So this saxophone is rare because it was only made between 1954 and 1957. The test showed sound qualities and versatility that place it quite at the level of current Yamaha models for example. Offered in its original suitcase. Possibility to have other photos. Hand delivery preferably but possibility of shipping in Colissimo only. Negotiable price."

€1400

:)
Beautiful horn and a decent price. Too bad it's not a Low A one. Did they even make one of those?

Yeah, it's a beauty. But I wouldn't go for it. It looks exactly like my tenor. It looks in very good shape. I'm just a bit sceptical about the neck. But the picture is not sharp enough to form a valid opinion.

All I can say is that the ergos on my Boiste are not the best. If it is really from the 50s, it was not up the latest standards of that era. Although I'm not an expert and I was not even born then... :oops:

Back
Top Bottom