support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

The Cafe Trio grown to Octet down to Sextet

It was a good session yesterday - it's intersting to compare where we are now with two years ago. We are handicapped by meeting rather sporadically each month - given the geographic spread, and various senior management considerations..., there is not much we can do about that at the moment.

The first piece yesterday was on we have been workig on for a while, but it was the first time we have just picked it up and just played it right through, with repeats, no conducting from me (which means I was playing).

Was it perfect? No, but it demonstrated improvements on so many levels. People were keeping time, people got out and then got themselves back in again, and no one ran out of notes or had any spare at the end :)

Other pieces went well too.

It was a good session yesterday - it's intersting to compare where we are now with two years ago. We are handicapped by meeting rather sporadically each month - given the geographic spread, and various senior management considerations..., there is not much we can do about that at the moment.

The first piece yesterday was on we have been workig on for a while, but it was the first time we have just picked it up and just played it right through, with repeats, no conducting from me (which means I was playing).

Was it perfect? No, but it demonstrated improvements on so many levels. People were keeping time, people got out and then got themselves back in again, and no one ran out of notes or had any spare at the end :)

Other pieces went well too.

I concur! We seem to progress a little with every meet up but we did seem to be more 'together' this last session . Must be getting serious... I've even put all my music into a folder!

When is the next meet? Ron and Kev know my level of playing as we met at Brian's open house this afternoon. If they think the group can stand it I'd love to drag out the bari and give it a go.

@trimmy look what you are missing....
IMG_20170723_141559.jpg

We have a bari

IMG_20170723_141609.jpg

Jx

Attachments

• 1500815684502-59693929.jpg
    1500815684502-59693929.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 27
I decided to giveeveryone achallenge today, including me... It started with a decision to arrange a piece of Holborn for the group. I've arranged the pavan 'Patiencia' for sop, 2 altos, ten, and bari. We were an alto down, but it seemd to work. As ever with Renaissance music, the challenge for people is the time signature (4/2) and rhythms and syncopations. This animation shows off the relationships in an interesting way. I'll tyr to find a conventional one later.

I decided to giveeveryone achallenge today, including me... It started with a decision to arrange a piece of Holborn for the group. I've arranged the pavan 'Patiencia' for sop, 2 altos, ten, and bari. We were an alto down, but it seemd to work. As ever with Renaissance music, the challenge for people is the time signature (4/2) and rhythms and syncopations. This animation shows off the relationships in an interesting way. I'll tyr to find a conventional one later.
Definitely a challenge.