support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Spooky

I can't access it, apparently you have to log in to Box?
@Jeanette it should simply work for you without password or Box membership, and I'm sorry it doesn't

I always post clips using Box, so I can't think what difficulty you're having
Worth waiting for - great sound and lots of good ideas.

Rhys
Thank you very much @rhysonsax. That was a happy afternoon trying to get into the groove

We have come to the end of the month, but there are still a few hours remaining in which to summon up spooky noises.
I would like to thank @Ivan for acting as host and to thank all the contributors.

As usual, the thread will remain open, and additional contributions are welcome.

We have come to the end of the month, but there are still a few hours remaining in which to summon up spooky noises.
I would like to thank @Ivan for acting as host and to thank all the contributors.

As usual, the thread will remain open, and additional contributions are welcome.
All thanks go to you, @nigeld for making a Groovy backing track that captured the mood

That is an interesting question - what genre and form is it?

It's technically not a minor blues form even though its a favorite in "blues" jams.

I have always thought of Spooky and Moondance as being the same genre, whatever that is. They are both minor and sort of feel like of a 2-chord vamp with a bridge. But Moondance has different structure than Spooky and neither seem typical.

However, you could theoretically break Spooky into 4-chord sequences and call it an A-A-B-A' form. But not a typical 32-bar song form. And it actually feels more like a 2-bar vamp with 4-bar phrases in the bridge. Jazzers love it too but I'm not sure it is a typical jazz song form either.

I know, I hear the music theory crickets "zzzzzzzz."
No idea! :)

I would just classify it as POP music (which I normally don't like that much, as a Jazz nerd)!

Back
Top Bottom