Photo contest

Mouthpieces misplaced my m/piece

Update!!! Guess where I found it.................Yep, in the bottom of the sax I was blasting the other night. I feel like a proper fool bc I've told everyone at band etc. hahaha but I'm glad it's here - so at least one of you was correct in the theory of checking down the bottom of the sax :)
I nearly did purchase one off eBay as I was so gutted but lucky timing and money saving!

Good to hear! Now go and make up to your other half for suggesting he'd hidden it!

Update!!! Guess where I found it.................Yep, in the bottom of the sax I was blasting the other night. I feel like a proper fool bc I've told everyone at band etc. hahaha but I'm glad it's here - so at least one of you was correct in the theory of checking down the bottom of the sax :)
I nearly did purchase one off eBay as I was so gutted but lucky timing and money saving!

Now you can put it in the yard sale and start looking for a vintage ultra expensive Slant-Nousa-NY-Mayer-DG-Gale-Link-Lawton-Laughton-BuckhurstHill-Woodford hand refaced by Mike Sustersich

I would have thought that, having lurked for a while and got the "feel" of the forum, any therapist worth his/her salt, would have kept very quiet about their occupation for fear of being swamped with players needing attention!

Mind you, I've seen the film "Analyse this!"

Have you been reading Dr Seuss lately?
Never heard of him before. Is he a good refacer?

I would have thought that, having lurked for a while and got the "feel" of the forum, any therapist worth his/her salt, would have kept very quiet about their occupation for fear of being swamped with players needing attention!

A psychoanalyst called Musatti (1897-1989) said once that musicians can be for psychoanalysis what hysteria was for Freud at the very beginning.

Is that song anything like the Manhattan Transfer song "Well, Well, Well"?

Yes. I had it on a tape "the best of" but recently I looked for a CD version and it disappeared from their discography.
I am suspecting some puritan thought there might have been some double entendres.

Luckily there is still the Old Harry Roy available, If you look for songs about cats.

Edit: the original album is available as an Import, It has never been available in HMV.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good grief :shocked:

If it's any consolation, I thought my sax was a bit quiet today at orchestra and put it down to the fact that we had a lot of brass (French horn, Eb horn, 3 trumpets, 2 trombones). After a while, the French horn player said to me: "What's that in your bell?" Closer examination shows pull-through firmly wedged into the bow... :doh:

Good grief :shocked:

If it's any consolation, I thought my sax was a bit quiet today at orchestra and put it down to the fact that we had a lot of brass (French horn, Eb horn, 3 trumpets, 2 trombones). After a while, the French horn player said to me: "What's that in your bell?" Closer examination shows pull-through firmly wedged into the bow... :doh:

lol. I've heard of this being done before.

meanwhile , up North, my kindly pet poletergist has sneakily returned my baritone neck , hidden under a pile of clothes taken out of the dumble-trier. Yay! A double-win for the saxophone players!

lol. I've heard of this being done before.
It happened to me while standing up for a solo: like magician extracting a rabbit from his hat I impressed everyone with my suddenly improved tone.

Andy, don't underestimate squirrels' abilities. I still don't understand where they can find roasted peanuts. They often hide all my good reeds, replacing them with planks.