support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Recording Kali LP-8 Studio Monitors

rockplayer

Hi Forum,

If you're in the market for new studio monitors, as I recently was, you might want to look at the Kali LP-8 Studio monitor. My old power amp finally bit the dust and I needed to either get a new power amp or find a decent pair of powered studio monitors to pair with my preamp. I asked a few friends who live near me what they recommended and one mentioned these speakers and let me stop by to check them out. Very impressed, plenty of power (way more than I need in my small room), very flat, detailed and imaged nicely. And a pair shipped with tax was $429 US. I received them a little over a week back, set them up using the recommendations on placement in my room and am really happy with the. They aren't large (actually smaller than the klipsch passive 8" monitors I've been using) and are stylish. My only concern is the cabinets are MDF material which is easily chipped/scrapped but I'm pretty gentle on my stuff so I'm not worried there, but for those who move their monitors around quite a bit it could be problematic.

Here's a link to a review for what it worth, the technical stuff is there for those who like that...

Thanks for the recommendation. I have never heard of them. An other great option for affordable studio monitors is the tannoy reveal line. I have them as a second route next to my trusty genelecs and for the price they are can't be beat.

Thanks for the recommendation. I have never heard of them. An other great option for affordable studio monitors is the tannoy reveal line. I have them as a second route next to my trusty genelecs and for the price they are can't be beat.
Genelecs are my dream monitors! But considering how often I would use them it wouldn't have been a practical investment. I tried finding a decent pair used but it seems people don't often sell them once they buy them! Kali is a relatively new brand (maybe 2 years old).

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom