Photo contest

Hiring Pro-Level Backline

Veggie Dave

Sax Worker
I'm part of a team organising a three band show in Brentwood, Essex, where one of the bands is flying over from Europe. Obviously, they can't bring their own backline (drums, keys, saxes etc.) so I need to find a supplier of pro musical gear we can rent from for this event.

I'm not sure how many people on here can help but I'm hoping that at least the two Petes may have some idea: @Pete Effamy @Pete Thomas

Other than much larger companies, there’s TP Sound (Tom Pritchard) that I have worked with extensively over the years, though not recently.

Was based around Dover but has the obligatory Merc Sprinter.

Saxophones are hardly "backline". I would expect each saxophonist to bring his own instrument.
Depends on how much gear you have. It’s a constant worry that an airline might order your horn to the hold, almost certain if you have two horns.
With that being the case I’d get (and have before) one of them hired.

I’ve done it twice. Gig in Scotland/budget airline - believe it was supplied by a local music shop.

There are plenty around who will hire by the week - maybe by the day? Howarth actually hire by the week. A Bari, for example is £100 I believe. Short supply though, so get in early.

Saxophones are hardly "backline". I would expect each saxophonist to bring his own instrument.
Not necessarily. I've toured Europe to play baritone and the instrument was hired by the promoter/agent.
I'm hoping that at least the two Petes may have some idea:
See above.

Last edited: