Get Well Soon Aldevis

It could give me ideas.
The best I could come up with was ringing the alarm at 3.15AM to cal the nurse just to tell her: "no need to worry for me, I am fine, thank you"

windsor_barbara_carry_on_matron_49604l.jpg

Get well soon, we need you back on duty.

Is that why he did it do you think because we told him he had the late shift on Christmas day :)

I won't bore you with my nurse/catheter story.

What better place.

I'll give you a laugh at my expense I had to take a trip to A & E once. I was about 17 at the time and had been clothes shopping with a friend, my parents were away at the time. I had tried on a skirt or jeans or something in Debenhams and whilst bending over had caught my behind on some wood , must have been part of the door frame or something. Anyway I ended up with a very long splinter embedded in my right buttock. :eek:

I tried to pull it out without success and said friend thought it hilarious as we walked round Stockport. As my obvious first port of call, mum, was away I was left with no alternative so plucked up courage to walk in to the hospital and explain my problem. A very nice young male Dr (only added to my embarrassment) relieved me of the splinter, it must have been quite deep as I needed stitches and anti tetanus injection. All this with Mel tittering in the background...

When I had the stitches removed the nurse informed me the young Dr had done a very neat job and I would not be scarred for life :)

Said friend is still a good friend though God did pay her back but that is another story.....

Jx

On one of my trips to a German hospital, I'd been taken from casualty to the ward and was in a lot of pain. Was late, very late. A really lovely lady doctor checked me out on the ward, gave me pain medication, told me to ask the nurse to call her if I needed anything and that she was on duty all night, all in faultless English. After a few hours, the pain came back, really badly, so I asked the night nurse to call the doc. Only problem was the nurse spoke no English, I spoke very little German and in doing my best, managed to ask for the ladies doctor (gynaecologist), not lady doctor. Nurse's face was a picture. But I didn't know what I'd said, just that I'd got it very wrong...

Back
Top Bottom