PPT mouthpieces

Case zipper has dropped off...

The zip puller on my walstein sop case has broken clean off. I don't think it can be fixed. I can more or less slide the zip with my fingers but it isn't ideal.

The zip itself is fine.

Apart from putting straps around the case any ideas??

Thanks in advance

Jx

Moved my question here it seems yes it can. I'll sort out an order and let you know how it goes 😀

Jx
That explains what I just messaged you about then. :)
Something like this should do (wording not intended).

Screenshot 2024-04-28 at 13.04.07.jpg

When the zip stopped closing (the zip pull was OK) but the teeth didn’t close, I bought 3 small latches for a bass clarinet case from the local hardware store they were better than the original zip. I just screwed them in.
If it is just the tongue that has snapped you can get clip in zippers and just take off the tongues and put them in place closing the holder with pliers. I bought a job lot and have used nearly all of them. I still have the useless “clip on” bits minus tongues but they are rubbish and in my experience do not clip on and close the zip successfully.
You can just buy the tongues (paradoxically more expensive) by themselves or as someone else said use a paper clip or small zip tie.

Warning if you need the whole zip pull, not just the tongue I have found clip / slide on ones don’t work but that may just be because I have bought cheap ones

PS I contacted the eBay seller who has quite a few Bauhaus / Walstein things and asked if he had a soprano case he had not advertised and he did. It was an old weak zipped Walstein one (not BW or Bauhaus so probably knocking around for at least 15 years). It had a missing zip tongue which he told me about. That was one of the cases I fixed by removing the tongue from one of those “clip / slide on” things and slotting into the tongue less zip. I used pliers to close the zip and keep the new tongue in it. It has been great for my C soprano. If you want a replacement case it may be worth asking him: eBay seller name: Martin615575

The zip puller on my walstein sop case has broken clean off. I don't think it can be fixed. I can more or less slide the zip with my fingers but it isn't ideal.

The zip itself is fine.

Apart from putting straps around the case any ideas??

Thanks in advance

Jx
I had an identical problem with my tenor gig bag a few years ago. I contacted the seller as it wasn't old and they sent me replacements that were actually much better. So I guess they knew about this issue and decided to use another model to cope with it.

If it's just the puller, don't replace the zip closer. You can buy replacement pullers.

Incidentally, is it a straight or curved soprano? I have a virtually unused BW case, for a curved sop. Anyone needing one let me know.

Back
Top Bottom