support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Cafe Zoom Masterclass / Clinics

Pete Thomas

Cafe Moderator
Commercial Supporter
I am considering doing some Cafe clinicky masteryclass zooms.

I'd be thinking something like a ticket price (e.g. maybe about $25 - $40) for a one hour session max 5 participants, but could also be done a bit cheaper with more participants.

For clinics/masterclass I am happy to do some but we could also have guest clinicians from among our esteemed pro members.

These can be saxophone playing but also tech/repair stuff.

For the guest clinicians the fee would be split so a share (20%?) would go to our fundraising

So how much interest is there?

Thoughts and discussion welcome...(We could also do some socials this way - quizzes etc)

May be good,so long as some beginner,intermediate stuff
I think it would mostly be that.

why dollar pricing?

I think it is the most universally accepted? I could make it Euros of course.

The way payment portals work is people pay in their own currency anyway and convesion is done automatically.

For playing clinics / masterclasses it might be a good idea to have another category of ticket for those people who just want to observe rather than perform.

Yes, that makes it more of a webinar, which we looked into previously.

We can record the clinic and make it available.

But even with a clinic - nobody has to actually participate. A mastercalss is diffeent and maybe that is something to try later

I did a weekly conference for 12 years, and had a wide audience. We tried different times and days, and eventually determined that 6PM CET (5 UK) covered the largest part of our audience. Over at ArtistWorks, they've done several Eric Marienthal sessions, always at 3AM my time. I've begged them to consider doing one earlier. Damned musicians won't get up and play at 11AM! These days with many working from home, having it during the day may or may not be a problem. I'd suggest somewhere around 5 PM UK time which would make it 9 AM on the West Coast USA, 6 PM in Paris/Berlin and 7 PM in Eastern Europe. To reach Australia/NZ would probably need to be morning in the UK. Either would be fine with me!

Yes, I might be interested.

For playing clinics / masterclasses it might be a good idea to have another category of ticket for those people who just want to observe rather than perform. I think there may well be more people who would be shy to play but interested to learn.

Rhys
Having been to the odd masterclass over the years I think this is a good and valid point

I belong to several online astronomy groups. Some of these have been running regular sessions with a guest speaker/lecturer. Other sessions have been 'show and tell' type of thing where people have shown off what they've recently photographed etc. Others have been social sessions.

Time is the issue. Not so bad if everyone is retired, but midweek say 8pm UT (GMT) is 3pm on the US east coast and midday ono the Pacific coast. Another wrinkle...

Testing the widget