Photo contest

Budding Saxophone Beast from the North East (of England)

saxophool

Hi,

I've had a sax for five months now, though I spent one of those on holiday in China, so I've been practicing for four. My sax is a Trevor James Classic II tenor saxophone. I've never had an interest in music before, so buying it was a gamble but it's one I haven't regretted so far. In fact, I can't believe I never tried playing until now, I love it!!!

One thing I love about the saxophone is that I have to use so much of my body to control it - I need to use the right fingerings, control my embouchure, breathing, and use my brain to play/read music and/or improvise.

I have an inch-deep, mile wide knowledge of music and I listen to lots of different things. I'm open to learning lots of different styles and have a tutor who's helping me along, but at the moment I'm happiest either improvising (badly) or trying to cover video game/anime music (badly).

I'm 23 and work as an engineer in the NHS. I'm married and live in Newcastle up in the north east. I think it's great here as it's my ideal mix of urban/country, with Northumberland and the Lake District nearby, and the city is very compact so commuting isn't a bother.

I've used this website a number of times in the past to answer my questions, and I think joining a community is an important step in picking up and mastering a hobby, so I'm eager to get to know you all and I hope I can learn a lot from everybody here. :)

Hello and welcome from County Durham, although I spend a lot of time in Newcastle or just over the bridge at the Sage. Wonderful countryside in both Durham and Northumberland, great coastline and beaches and more importantly fabulous shopping :)

If you're looking to play with other people there is a great adult programme there - Adult Learning Programme: Saxophone & Wind Instruments

Back
Top Bottom