support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Bad bottom lip rash after practicing. Help!?

you never know. She did have a different brand of reeds actually but it was awhile ago and its still not healing 100%.
That could be it. But whether it is an allergy to something or else maybe just something as simple as the roughness of the grain I can't say. If it's the grain then maybe polishing that part of the reed a bit maybe by just running your finger nail back and forth could help. Or a bit of fine emery paper or whatever someone more experienced than me is about to suggest...

If she got better then that's fine. I cannot argue with that except to say maybe there are better and less painful ways of improving tone.

I have been a professional player for more than 40 years, I use a soft reed (2 or 2.25) and I think that whole thing about having to improve by using harder reeds is a myth. Or at least it's an easy shortcut instead of working on embouchure and breath support to improve tone

I agreed it's strange that after a 3 week break it's still there, maybe it is nothing to do with playing?

Back
Top Bottom