Photo contest

Alto Needs a Service in South Wales - Any Recommendations?

Thanks Griff, Pete seems a difficult person to get hold of, his website also seems to be down, do you know if he is still in the game? How's that for a quick reply :) It's just that I didn't realise it but I wasn't ready at the time because I needed a backup Sax and now I have one, so I want to go for the service ASAP. The only reason I'm not asking you to do it is the whole P&P and insurance thing, I'd prefer it wasn't bouncing around in the back of some delivery van.

I'll give it a bash if you want, heck I'll even do it for free as long as I get to use my angle grinder on it. I promise to look after it, and not let the dog near it

Nomad

I don't want no half assed job on my ax man, so if you can't give it 9" I'm not interested. Thanks for the offer though

Half assed? For that comment pal you can forget me breaking out the proper Makita angle grinder, and I'll just use one of those cheap and nasty GMC toy angle grinders after taking a hand full of my pain mediciation.

Nomad

He has such bad attitude and tone after he has had a sax jazz lesson! >:)

Have you honestly heard of a music teacher who tries to limit their students exposure to one genre of music? I have nothing against jazz, I love a lot of jazz records, but there is far more to music than just jazz, and to limit your students to just one genre is doing them a disservice.

But back to the alto service, I'm willing to see what a bolt gun will do to it if you are, I think it could be quite an interesting experiment, who knows it could even be trend setting.

Nomad

http://www.woodwindsalesandrepairs.com/

I dealt with him about mouthpieces and is a great person to have business with.
He really loves his job.

Plus one to everything Aldevis said here, again my experience is with mouthpieces but he was great to do business with. If by any chance you could make it over the Severn, Ray Colomb in Corsham (Wiltshire) is very good, I know I'm not the only one on here who is happy with his work. http://www.raycolomb.co.uk/Repairs.html

I have taken a whole bunch of pain killers that make me feel like I'm in a big nice squeeky soapy bubble that's squeeking and rubbing up against the rest of the world and myself, it feels rather pleasant to be honest and I fancy doing something productive and educational whilst I'm in this state. Are you sure I can't convince you to let me give your pride and joy saxophone the once over? Like I said I've never done it before, but am willing to give it a good bash if you're up for it.

Nmad

Last edited:
Jolly decent of you to offer old boy but I think I'll save time and the hassel of having to get the filler out again and put it on a long cycle in the dish washer. I'll give it a quick squirt of WD40 once it's dried off, that should sort it out.

Back
Top Bottom