support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Saxophones A conundrum for the smart techs

scotsman

:) Hi techs. Ive been completly overhauling the Ref 54 which was briefly on the Yardsale. Just about everything was needed. All done now, except, in the case I found a support for the 3 rods on the left side of the horn..Ive had a search via the internet and cant find owt. The chap who bought it to me said that another "tech" told him it "didnt matter" and popped it in the case. So where does it go? The 3 long rods, I assume, need support on the long runs. However if the bottom screw on the piece is tightened the side Bflat, of course, will not open.!! Im stumped. Over to you guys!! (pics enclosed}

P1010045.JPG

P1010046.JPG

Sorry about the blurred pic but you get the picture (Pun)...

:):)

Last edited:
I'd guess it wants to be raised up higher so the set screw bears on a post rather than on the side Bb rod, in other words the set screw will pass between two rods without hindering either one's rotation.

:):) Thanks for that..I see that yours is connected at the base. On the ref 54 tenor it just slides..Maybe its just on the horn to worry techs!! (Joke) :)
:)

Are you saying there's no little post on the body to attach it to? If not, why would they use it? Maybe there's supposed to be a post and it got left off this particular horn by mistake?

Hi Lydian. No mate..Thats a later Ref 54..Enclosed a pic in that position on my sax. See the post in the way..Wot Larks Eh!! You are correct David. 2 Rods and the lifting bar for the top end will be jammed...Regards

P1010047.JPG

Scotch!

First time I ever tasted one of those peaty ones, I was at the "Scotch and Pie" jam. First thought was "Man, this stuff tastes like diesel oil!"

The second time was also at the "Scotch and Pie" jam. The other bass player brought a 3/4 full bottle of Lagavulin, and this time I thought "hmmmm, that's really pretty nice". At the end of it, she said "Hey, you seem to like that stuff, you want to take it? My husband hates it and I don't drink." So I took it home, enjoyed a dram now and again, then one day I was in the liquor store and I saw the stuff for sale - e-mailed her, "Holy cow, you just gave me most of a hundred dollar bottle of booze!"

Anyway, now I'm a member of the peaty Scotch club.

:):):):)..Well!!.. What we get up to here!!..I have to say that as a aficionado of Scottish Whisky I am most surprised to tell you that my guitarist returned from a trip to Japan with a bottle of Japanese Single Malt.. We tried it. (Lots actually). and were pleasently surprised at how good it was!! I would love to tell you the name but the label was in Japanese.....I think!!!!..Regards..
:):):):)

My preferred dram is Macallan 18 year old. Sadly, my current bottle is likely to be the last. I think I paid £60 for it a few years ago. It lay unopened as there was another bottle on the go and I only have some when I have visitors. It's now about £300 a bottle and I can't justify that kind of price tag on a bottle.

Back
Top Bottom