Photo contest

Snake Davis Masterclass at Sax.co.uk

Fraser Jarvis

Had a very interesting evening down at Sax.co.uk on Monday for the Snake Davis masterclass. I made my way down on the train, (the Crowborough station is litteraly 200 yds from the shop) where i met up with Andy G, we spent the first hour i sopose looking at all the saxes, and like i comented to Phil, i felt like a kid in a sweet shop! anyway he let us disapear into one of his special rooms with potentialy 10 grands worth of Selmers finest and have a play for half an hour or so, what a great guy! sufice to say we dident buy either the reference 54 or the 36 tenors, but i bought a very nice ligature from him instead!
After we got kicked out at 5.30 we went to the local pub for a pint and some "food" which for me consisted of two packets of pork scratchings and a bag of salt & vinegar chrisps!!!!
Got back just after 6.30 for the class which consisted of topics such as tone production, vibrato, playing solo, and generaly spicing up everthing else.
Like i said, i had a wonderfull evening and learnd quite a bit, and in case Phil or any of his staff members are reading this i'd like to say thank you for your haspitality and a very enjoyable and imformative event.

Was good to meet you again Fraser.
Likewise, a really enjoyable experience, to see such a wonderful sax shop, try out 2 selmers, to meet Snake Davis and his masterclass was excellent.
Would really recommend a visit when he does his next masterclass!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, missed that, having a rare Monday evening free (the school where we do ensemble practice being closed for half term).
Sax co is indeed an Alladin's cave and Jules is there as well to help you spend your (or in my case Mrs YC's) money effortlessly!
YC

Sorry to have missed that....I saw Snake Davis in Edinburgh a few weeks ago, brillant musician all round on everything even flutes and Shakuhatchi.

Agree about Crowbourgh sax shop, only critisism I have is there newletter informing of these masterclasses comes out about 2 days before the event.... Still no good 2 me now, I'm heading home!

Agree about Crowbourgh sax shop, only critisism I have is there newletter informing of these masterclasses comes out about 2 days before the event.... Still no good 2 me now, I'm heading home!

?

I must have had three newsletters about it, with at least 6 weeks notice. They didn't end up in your spam box did they?

It was good, Snake was charming and inspirational as usual.

Back
Top Bottom