Photo contest

Players in Cheshire/North Staffordshire Sought

Craig Selwyn

Hi All

I'm looking for some fellow players in the Cheshire/North Staffordshire region of the UK.
I want to work on my reading skills and thought it would be good to meet other players for practice.
The format could be duo, trio or quartet, any style would be fine from classical to jazz to pop.
I'm available during the day as I'm enjoying early retirement!! :)
Anyway be great to hear from anyone who may be interested?

Thanks, Craig

There's not that many of us: there's me 20 miles to your south west, @chadders I think is just over the border, @trimmy is Liverpool based, @Jeanette is south Manchester. There are other MaSLM members (basically south Lancashire/Manchester ish area).

Hi Mr Viol & Jeanette, Thanks for letting me know about fellow players in the area, good to know.
I guess we're in a minority sport!! :)

Irish Fire Insurance..

A man and his wife moved back home to Tipperary, from London.
The wife had a wooden leg, -- and to insure it in Britain was £2000.00 a year!
When they arrived in Tipperary, they went to an Insurance agency to see how much it would cost to insure the wooden leg.
The agent looked it up on the computer and said to the couple, '€39.00.'
The husband was shocked and asked why it was so cheap here in Ireland to insure, because it cost him £2000.00 in England!
The agent turned his computer screen to the couple and said, 'Well, here it is on the screen, it says: Any wooden structure, with a sprinkler system over it, is €39.00.”
I always did find the Irish Logic far superior to most others.

Hi Craig - I'd be up for a meet up at some point _ I sometime work in Sandbach but am normally in Crewe so not a million miles away.

You might also be interested in Macclesfield Music Centre (MMC) - they have wind bands on a Saturday and I have heard its really good. (although have not been myself, due to distance )

Hi Chadders,
Thanks for getting in touch, that'll be great.
Just give me a shout when you're free, Sandbach or Crewe are good for me.
BTW - thanks for the tip on MMC, I'll look into it.
Cheers, Craig

I would love to join in but am all the way down in Kent :(

It 's actually cheaper to fly to Europe I think. Britain really needs to do something about the extortionate price of public transport. Saying that, I don't mind the cost, but it would be too expensive to be a regular trip.

Thanks Alice, It's a pity you're so far away.