Photo contest

How things change.

old git

Tremendous Bore
Slowly building up my MIDI collection as the tenor will never be played to its ultimate by these fingers, so looking forward to receiving a WX7 to mess around on.

Listening to Soul Music on Radio 4 today has yet again altered my life. Up to now, the most beautiful music I'd ever heard were the slow movement from the Mozart clarinet concerto, the trio from Cosi, again Mozart and a phrase played by Humph's trombonist at a 1952 Festival Hall concert recording. Soul Music was about the Beethoven violin concerto and has added another heart ripping piece.

How can these be measured against the really long version of One O'clock Jump by Bill and his sixteen piece. Getz on Ipenema, Zoot really swinging or Kristoferson singing Loving her was easier than anything I've ever done before. What a difference from when i was a kid when catholic taste was out, so of course it was comply or else. Feel I should add this in minuscule type but what the hell, I like some C & W. Well it is all music isn't it?

Feel I should add this in minuscule type but what the hell, I like some C & W. Well it is all music isn't it?

:))):shocked: I'm Not sure everyone would agree Bill.
It's strange what gets the goosebumps going. It's Wayne Shorter's soprano on In a Silent Way that does it for me.
Oh and Coltrane on Blue in Green and loads more I can't think of because the Shiraz has kicked in.
Did really like the Beethoven Violin Concerto though. It's a new one on me as the clasical side of things has not been a priority. Mozart's a bit twiddly>:)

B B King said country & western is the white man's blues - and he knew a bit about the subject!

Off the wall spine tinglers for me - Pale Blue Eyes by Andrea Corr and Dimming of the Day by almost anyone - but check out Emmylou Harris or Alison Krause.

B B King said country & western is the white man's blues - and he knew a bit about the subject!

Off the wall spine tinglers for me - Pale Blue Eyes by Andrea Corr and Dimming of the Day by almost anyone - but check out Emmylou Harris or Alison Krause.

You are right your Majesty. Emmylou has been on my books since the Jesse James LP and it's not just the heart break in the voice but those cheekbones.

Maybe as you grow older, or decay in my case, there is no need to be so macho, appearances on the Jeremy Kyle Show excepted, of course.>:)

You are right your Majesty. Emmylou has been on my books since the Jesse James LP and it's not just the heart break in the voice but those cheekbones.

Maybe as you grow older, or decay in my case, there is no need to be so macho, appearances on the Jeremy Kyle Show excepted, of course.>:)

Yes she has talent and looks to spare - saw her in Sydney in the 80s with the Hot Band - unbelievable concert!

Jeremy Kyle - who he? All we get on BBC Entertainment - and I use the term loosely - is repeats. I can recite you whole episodes of Midsomer Murders and Allo Allo by heart!

What in earth the Beeb think that the locals make of it all, God knows. And don't get me started on Graham Norton!

Jeremy Kyle - who he?
Lucky you, and don't google him it's best that you don't not know (honestly).

A few songs that tingle my spine (and bring a tear)
No'1 Roberta Flack 'The first time i ever saw your face' :crying:

No'2 Heatwave 'Always and Forever' it's our song :crying:

No'3 Wayne Shorter 'I didn't know what time it was' :crying:

**** man up :blush:

Oh and how could i forget this..... shame on me
http://cafesaxophone.com/showthread...k-quot-Amazing-Grace-quot-could-sound-so-good

Last edited by a moderator:

http://cafesaxophone.com/showthread...k-quot-Amazing-Grace-quot-could-sound-so-good
Trimmy is absolutely right - don't! I encountered this for the first time last year whilst in a hospital waiting room - the surgery was preferable, believe me.

Then let's add Minnie Ripperton, Lovin You...

Slowly building up my MIDI collection as the tenor will never be played to its ultimate by these fingers, so looking forward to receiving a WX7 to mess around on.

Listening to Soul Music on Radio 4 today has yet again altered my life. Up to now, the most beautiful music I'd ever heard were the slow movement from the Mozart clarinet concerto, the trio from Cosi, again Mozart and a phrase played by Humph's trombonist at a 1952 Festival Hall concert recording. Soul Music was about the Beethoven violin concerto and has added another heart ripping piece.

How can these be measured against the really long version of One O'clock Jump by Bill and his sixteen piece. Getz on Ipenema, Zoot really swinging or Kristoferson singing Loving her was easier than anything I've ever done before. What a difference from when i was a kid when catholic taste was out, so of course it was comply or else. Feel I should add this in minuscule type but what the hell, I like some C & W. Well it is all music isn't it?

Hi old git, Mr ignorant here, what is a WX7 ? regards N.

That's the worst hair cut i've seen on this forum!

We used to call that a basin cut - the barber would put an enamel pudding basin on your head and cut off any hair that stuck out. Here's a famous example:

These days of course, for me, the barber doesn't need the pudding basin. 7539MTheThreeStoogesMoePosters.jpg

It's ok N, i was the same when i saw it in the yardsale :headscratch: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yamaha_WX5 :thumb:

Thanks trimmy all is revealed. Must admit I have never seen one in action. somewhere in the back of my mind at a Sonny Rollins gig at Ronnie Scotts Mr Rollins soprano man produced a strange looking thing. (Perhaps they were not invented then.) he also played the bagpipes. regds N.

Back
Top Bottom