Photo contest

Holidays!

If we can get ourselves a decent tow car, I guess we'll be tootling off to Suffolk again with the caravan. My youngest lives there, so there's always an excuse to go.

Enjoy yourselves in Wales, Pete. Its a lovely Country.
Are you going North or South?

Take no notice of the Rhod Gilbert sketch about not taking his cajoule off until he was 10, it does'nt rain here all the time....
....just in the summer

Chad

North & south in one holiday - Theres a danger you might get overwhelmed!!!

My north wales recommendations
1) Newborough forest and beach Anglesey, and Beaumaris Anglesey.
2) Llandudno, and the great orme - the cable car is quite good fun especially if its windy.
3) Snowdon - either walking or via the railway from llanberis
4) Portmerion - But watch out for the bubbles - also worth visiting portmadog and Black rock sands
5) Moel Famau, and Loggerheads near mold
6) Bala lake and the steam railway
7) Llangollen and the steam railway ( and the eistedfodd if you are going in July )

Avoid Rhyl, Bangor & Wrexhan ( unless you are there on a tuesday night in which case come to LLay british legion Jazz night )

Chad

PS - I cant comment on South Wales as its foreign

If you're near Angelsey, there's a lot for the kids,spent most of my summer hols there as a kid.

South Stack Lighthouse
Beaumaris Castle, (And Conwy)
Butterfly farm
Aquarium,
and a great beach at Lligwy

Not sure where we're going, may tour in Italy. May just get a cottage near Venice.

We're off to Zakopane in Poland on Saturday for my first (her second) ever skiing holiday. I spent £75 on lessons which was an expensive way to endure 3 hours of falling on my bottom in Milton Keynes. Facing it with some trepidation right now.......

Well, I'm off to the North East to see my parents at Easter, then to the Isle of Wight in the summer. Might sneak in a quick trip to France as well.

So, near Tywyn - Land of the Gogs/someone else's fathers :w00t::shocked:

History in South Wales

1. Where St. David came from.
2. Where the Labour Party was developed.
3. Where Coal, Copper and Iron ore fuelled the world.
4. Where cannons were made to supply both armies in the American Civil War
5. Where Rhod Gilbert, Old Git, Rob Brydon, Richard Burton and Anthony Hopkins were born and brought up.
6. Gower Peninsula declared Britain's first "Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty".

History in North Wales

1. Local football team scores goal against Arsenal.......
2. Famous Saxophonist publicises area by actually staying there!

Nuff said :rolleyes::thankyou:

Kind regards
Tom:cool:

I went to North Wales once - amazing how quickly you can learn :shocked:!

It's our 25th wedding anniversary this year and I've been told to do something special. I had planned on a trip to Paris on the Orient Express, but she said she didn't want to go to Paris. I can't afford the full trip to Venice!!

Looks like it might be a week in either Barcelona or Rome.

If you don't know whre to spend your holidays, you can always come over to Skåne and join a (ROCK)SAX Workshop W31. I already have one Englishman that have signed up, His name i Dave ..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2FyBsunDi4

I think I've met Dave :)

We're off to Neustadt, Germany with the band in August for a week but proper holiday will probably be somewhere in Italy. Quite fancy the boot this year - Puglia looks a likely candidate. We never book anywhere in advance as I hate to plan too far ahead - lucky we can take our holidays when we like and not limited to school holidays :)

It's our 25th wedding anniversary this year and I've been told to do something special. I had planned on a trip to Paris on the Orient Express, but she said she didn't want to go to Paris. I can't afford the full trip to Venice!!

Looks like it might be a week in either Barcelona or Rome.

What a shame I don't know if you've been to Paris before but it's a fabulous city with so much to see and do and what a fantastic way to get there.

enjoy what you eventually decide to do...john

For Wales, I'd recommend Pembrooke- especially the area round St Davids. Lovely- and faintly spooky- with lots of cliff top walks and celtic archeology... almost feels more like Ireland than Wales..

Sounds lovely. I'd like to go back to Conwy and the castle someday. My kids loved having their picture taken in front of the "Britain's Smallest House".

Enjoy :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest: Members' Recordings

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom