Photo contest

Eurovision Song Contest.

From the BBC report:

However some Eurovision fans have argued that while it is definitely a win for tolerance, the character Conchita Wurst - created by Austrian singer Tom Neuwirth - could be just gimmicky enough to damage its credibility as a song contest

I have to ask... What credibility?

Gutted that I missed the Eurovision Song Contest this year (I had a gig in Worcester last night). Nevermind, I've recorded the whole thing on my TV hard drive so that later in the week it'll be out with the score cards, party food, dodgy foreign lager and flags. My wife and I will also try to spot our youngest daughter in the audience. OK, most of it's dreadful, but there are occasional gems hidden away in the contest every year, & it's always worth watching for gig-wear ideas...

Right. Confession time.

A few years ago, a couple in our village declared they were having a Eurovision party. It was held a week after the real event. They invited enough people to cover every country. Men had to bring booze from the country, women some food. Oh, and we all had to dress up appropriately too. Cue onion sellers, dutch hookers, ABBA lookalikes and, erm, the Pope.

Anyway, they put the dreaded contest on, and with every song came a round of shots and a tiny amount of food. Most of the ladies just whizzed their shots into the bushes when no-one was looking, and of course we blokes just downed ours. Utter carnage. Marriages wrecked, lots of people lost walking home, livers no doubt damaged etc. I have never again been so drunk since that night. It was like Dean Martin said - "You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." I was still holding on the next day.

The good thing is I don't remember watching the Eurovision Song Contest at all.

100_8059.jpg

Nothing too original about bearded men in dresses. Personally I much prefer this lot, The Mothers of Invention. Album cover from late 60s, We're Only In It For The Money.

Nothing too original about bearded men in dresses. Personally I much prefer this lot, The Mothers of Invention. Album cover from late 60s, We're Only In It For The Money.

Not to mention the music.
Can you imagine? Some producer decided to invest on them, and we now have Zappa's music.
Nowadays nobody would invest a penny on him, unless he won xf**ktor. Cheap thrills.

Eurovision didn't disappoint

I reckoned the Netherlands produced the best song

Austria was either best bearded lady or best man in a frock or possibly both

My "celeb" pal David Emanuel and I were having a pint yesterday and I asked him to make me a frock so I can go on stage with the Euro winner........he was not amused..............I had drunk several pints however and thought it very funny.

Back
Top Bottom