PPT mouthpieces

Daily Check In

I once had a girlfriend who's dad lived on a boat which she described as a hole in the water you throw money into.

Well, today was spending the money to be thrown into holes dug in the garden.

This cartoon cracked me up, somehow reflects my knowledge or rather ignorance of theory.
IMG_20240504_212313164.jpg

It's a typical grey day here but it's dry and it's not windy so that's a bonus. A trip to the countryside for some fresh air, a nice walk and possibly a pub lunch is the order of the day for us. Have a great day folks.

Well a change in the weather today lovely and sunny when we woke. We had a trip to Bakewell and BBQ when we got back to the vans.

Home tomorrow
Jx

:(:( A daily check in?? Who actualy has the time to bother with it??..Regards..:(:(
You would be surprised. Many want to connect with fellow members but don't always have a sax question that needs answering.

I got the idea from a different forum, which admittedly has more retired members. They have quite a thriving community. They have also supported each other through illness and bereavement.

Their common shared interest makes it easy to meet up too.

Naturally, nobody is obliged to join in. :)

Jx

Some people, and I'm one, live on their own. I'm in my mid-60s, I retired in 2021, and I've lived on my own since 1985. There are times when my only interaction with people is via a post on a forum. The changing structure of society, particularly since the 1960s, means people are much less likely to be a part of a larger local social community, which is leading to significant issues around social isolation.

Well, it was a UK bank holiday weekend (for May Day) and the UK weather provided its typical BH response. Saturday and Sunday were OK. I went for a walk to the top of the hill that my house is half way up on Sunday. Not much sun, but it was dry.

Monday's forecast was horrendous with thunderstorm warnings etc. In reality, it was dry until later in the afternoon. It was the local annual May Queen parade and fair etc. The town centre was closed to traffic and three stages were set up around the town and various local groups./bands were performing throughout the day.

After the main parade, I went to a bar for something to eat and a few glasses of wine. By the time I left around 4pm, it was just starting to rain. Half-way up the hill back to the house and the heavens opened and I was a drowned rat.

DSCF2203.jpg

Back
Top Bottom